Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the one low points
meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast,
until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit
with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the
AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble
all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
anyone use diet shakes occasionally??
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 25 February 2004
- Last activity
- 26 February 2004
- Original author
- Thotful560
- Posts
- 12
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 433
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I eat Slimfast bars for breakfast at work. Then mid morning I try to have a high protein snack. I
also eat their snack bars as they are 3 points compared to 6 for a candy bar. It keeps my chocolate
craving under control. Their low carb snack bars are pretty good but the low carb meal bars are
awful. Kristine "Thotful560" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:20040224201824.25887.00000253@mb-
m01.aol.com... Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the
one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied
especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I
usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week
when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to
work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa -
I would do this if I could find one with low enough points, I see nothing
wrong with doing it. It is better than not eating at all or nibbling at
work and if it fills you up and you are fine with the point usage I am
pleased that you are making the program work for you, keep it up, Lee, who
fills vending machines with candy so knows your struggle
Thotful560 <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on
occasion?Quoted message said:
It's the one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough
proteinQuoted message said:
to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use
theirQuoted message said:
regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or
an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food
(I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my
downfall) TIA, Teresa -
I drink a waterbased diet shake ones i a while. Simply because it helps the hunger in between main
meals and it is filling and filled with nutrients. I use Nupo - www.nupo.com (Which is in
Danish..hehe). It is mixed with water, not milk, which makes it very low in points.There is nothing wrong with shakes. As long as people don't think it contains a magic potion that
melts off the pounds:o)"Thotful560" <[email hidden]> skrev i en meddelelse news:20040224201824.25887.00000253@mb-
m01.aol.com...Quoted message said:
Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on
occasion?Quoted message said:
It's the one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough
proteinQuoted message said:
to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use
theirQuoted message said:
regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or
an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food
(I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my
downfall) TIA, Teresa -
(Thotful560) said:
Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion?
I sometimes eat a Myoplex Lite Cocolate fudge bar = 4 points or drink a Myoplex Lite shake. I like
Cappuccino Ice and Strawberry Cream. 4 points each.Richard Since 1938
-
Richard said:
(Thotful560) said:
Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion?
I sometimes eat a Myoplex Lite Cocolate fudge bar = 4 points or drink a Myoplex Lite shake. I like
Cappuccino Ice and Strawberry Cream. 4 points each.Sorry ... spell checker burped. Cocolate + Chocolate
Richard
-
Hi Teresa,
No you're not the only one using Slimfast shakes along with your WW's program. Like yourself I too
have used Slimfast shakes for a quick breakfast along with a fruit. I see no problems fitting it in
my ww's program.Awhile back I was out at the mall doing some shopping and it was lunch time & I was hungry so
instead of eating fast food I went to the pharmacy and picked out a "Zone" meal replacement bar,
Chocolate Raspberry flavor it was 5 points and very filling plus it tasted really good too. I know
if I went for fast food I would have used all my points for the day...hahahaBy the way I'm a stay at home mom with two little kiddies and I LOVE to cook so know what you mean
about you being a cook and possibly nibbling all day. Somedays I feel that I'm in the kitchen all
day. Being a chef is a dream job for me. Check out my link for my photo food log.Take care, SPOONS My photo food log fotolog.netgigglesOpen ↗
"Thotful560" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:20040224201824.25887.00000253@mb-
m01.aol.com...Quoted message said:
Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on
occasion?Quoted message said:
It's the one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough
proteinQuoted message said:
to keep me satisfied especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use
theirQuoted message said:
regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or
an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food
(I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my
downfall) TIA, Teresa -
I have a protein shake that I get through my business that is really good, it counts for 3 points
and I'll occasionally have it with a salad for my lunch.--
Cheers,
Connie Walsh
241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5
Thotful560 said:
Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the one low
points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied especially at
breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to
eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short
of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work,
otherwise I will nibble all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa -
I sometimes eat a Slimfast meal bar for lunch when I am low on time. It is 4 points, kills the
chocolate craving, and is something that I can chew. I hate drinking my points - I really need to
chew on something. I think it works great when you are not starving and are out of time. I also use
the Slimfast snack bars occasionally. Slimfast is so much less expensive than the WW snack bars. I
also use slimfast bars extensively when I travel. When at a relative's home and there is nothing low-
point to eat, I nibble at the regular meal, then go to my room and discreetly eat a meal bar. And I
carry one in my purse for when I get stuck unexpectedly without food (such as at a mall). It works
great. Glad to hear that I am not the only one.==============
"Thotful560" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:20040224201824.25887.00000253@mb-
m01.aol.com... Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the
one low points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied
especially at breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I
usually try to eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week
when I am short of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to
work, otherwise I will nibble all day.(my downfall) TIA, Teresa -
(Thotful560) said:
Am I the only WW person that uses diet shakes such as slimfast, on occasion? It's the one low
points meal that I can grab and go, and it has enough protein to keep me satisfied especially at
breakfast, until lunch time. I use their regular shake, NOT the low carb new one. I usually try to
eat a fruit with it..half a banana, or an orange. I probably do this twice a week when I am short
of time in the AM. I work with food (I'm a cook) so I *have* to eat before I get to work, otherwise
I will nibble all day.(my downfall)We lost our restaurant late last year and I've been trying to find stuff that I can take that will
keep me going without breaking the (calorie) bank. I have been given some slimfast stuff from
friends and relatives so I have a pile of it around. I've been having slimfast shakes with extra
protein every morning for weeks now. And recently have been having a slimfast soup or meal at
lunchtime. The soups and meals taste appalling so I won't buy any more but they do fill you up and
are quite low in points. most of the meals/soups are about 215 points and the shakes with protein
about 260. That means I can affors to have an occasional 'extra' without a problem.So long as you have a decent meal as well and still get through the fruit and veg in the
evening it's fine. It's probably a great idea not to have them at weekends too when you have a
bit more time..Ray
--
rmnsuk
273/202/182 -
Thanks all, the reason I asked is that I mentioned it at a meeting and got weird looks. feeling less
strange, Teresa -
I would suspect that the reason you got strange looks is that many have done
a "shake" type diet and most can't think through to the point where you are,
you are using them like all other foods, for a specific reason, in
moderation, when "dieters" hear shake, they think of losing/gaining/ that is
all you eat... you are using them in a logical way that makes WW fit you so
you are more fit, if I were you I think I would count this as a big NSV, Lee
Thotful560 <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Thanks all, the reason I asked is that I mentioned it at a meeting and got weird looks. feeling
less strange, Teresa
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.