"...and much much lighter."
Oh...for Pete's sake!
If I hear this absolute [censored] repeated one more time...
Changing a cassette size or carrying an extra spare sew-up or not taking a good healthy [censored] will skew the weights between groups.
2013 actual weighed complete group weights from lightest to heaviest from Weight Weenies:
1. Sram Red, 2145.6 grams
2. Campag Super Record, 2154.9 grams
3. Campag Record, 2263.7
4. Shimano 7900, 2277 grams
5. Campag Super Record EPS, 2285.4 grams
6. Shimano Dura Ace Di2, 2350.6 grams
7. Sram Force, 2435.60 grams
8. Campag Record EPS, 2482 grams
9. Shimano Ultegra DI2, 2619.3 grams
Chorus EPS can be had for downright cheap at around $1900 or less: shinybikes.comcampagnolo chorus eps groupsetOpen ↗ with a weight of around 2100 grams with the V2 battery.
Yeah, ALL 3 manufacturers have shed a few more grams in the last upgrades/re-designs. But come [censored] on..."MUCH, MUCH" lighter. I sure hope you guys are using 18 MM tall carbon tubular wheels with 12 spokes per and a carbon saddle shell with no leather or padding if the difference in group weights amounts to all that.
Campagnolo has ALWAYS been top quality, top value and are undeniably the best components on the planet.
And neither is Campy all that expensive. 2015 Chorus for $990 and 2015 Record for $1433: shinybikes.comshinybikes.comOpen ↗ found in under 8 seconds. I'm sure it's available for less if you shop around.
And a tip of the hat to SRAM for being the first to go wireless, but I'm sticking with Campagnolo.