Anyone waiting on a 2005 Felt ? There's a holdup.

JoeOxfordCT

Dec 12, 2004
I just got off the phone 5 minutes ago with the East Coast sales office of Felt bicycles. I have had an F65 on order since early December. First I was told that the bikes would be in very late in December or early in January. Then I heard through the "grapevine" that there was problems getting the Ultegra 10 components....Now the salesman just told me that there was a problem with the seatposts and they are waiting on a shipment of all new seatposts before they ship the bikes to the various dealers. He says the bikes should still ship before the end of January.....
frown.gif

I guess with it being January and all here in New England I can afford to wait but it's still frustrating
cry.gif

Joe

I was just in the shop today thinking of ordering the f55. They had one in and I immediately saw an alloy seatpost with it. Dave said they had a recall on their carbon post. Chance of snapping at the top. Don't know when all will be resolved.

I am surprised that doing a dealer search from www.feltracing.com that Atlanta now only has 3 Felt dealers. One on the list was just bought out by another LBS that is a Trek dealer and I know they will only carry the Trek brand under their shop name.

The dealer that I bought from www.all3sports.com no longer lists Felt and they are no longer on Felt's web page. I purchased my F45 back in August 2004.

I wonder why Felt doesn't try harder to get their bike into the marketplace?
Atlanta is a decent size city for just having a few Felt dealers.

A Trek with the components that my bike has would probably be about $1000 more than I paid for the F45. I thought $1800 for an 18 lb bike with ultegra / dura ace components was a good deal. Absolutely love the bike.

I really like being out on a popular road path and 8 out of 10 bikes are Treks and mine is different. My bike gets a lot of looks. Just wished I had the skills to back up the looks. :)

Felt_Rider said:
I am surprised that doing a dealer search from www.feltracing.com that Atlanta now only has 3 Felt dealers. One on the list was just bought out by another LBS that is a Trek dealer and I know they will only carry the Trek brand under their shop name.

The dealer that I bought from www.all3sports.com no longer lists Felt and they are no longer on Felt's web page. I purchased my F45 back in August 2004.

I wonder why Felt doesn't try harder to get their bike into the marketplace?
Atlanta is a decent size city for just having a few Felt dealers.

A Trek with the components that my bike has would probably be about $1000 more than I paid for the F45. I thought $1800 for an 18 lb bike with ultegra / dura ace components was a good deal. Absolutely love the bike.

I really like being out on a popular road path and 8 out of 10 bikes are Treks and mine is different. My bike gets a lot of looks. Just wished I had the skills to back up the looks. :)
Actually the LBS I frequent carries Trek & Cannondale in addition to Felt. I had never heard of Felt when I went there to look for a road bike....used to have road bikes when I was younger...have been riding Mtn bike w/slicks the last couple years....now looking to "return to my roots". :rolleyes: However, when I went online to begin to research Felts I quickly realized that you get alot of bike for the money. The F65 I've ordered is almost all Ultegra 10. The frame is aluminum but with a carbon fork & seatstays. The price for the bike on the Felt website is $1399 but my LBS had a Christmas sale and sold it to me for $1279 :p Now I just have to hope the bike gets here before Spring :rolleyes: :rolleyes: