General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Anyone with a Timex Ironman Lap Timer Watch

Started by xenman · · Last activity · 14 posts · 1,336 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 December 2004
Last activity
12 December 2004
Original author
xenman
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,336
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

    I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

  2. "xenman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

    I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

    There are several different Ironman 100 so the instructions may vary. On
    mine you would press and hold the set/recall button until the set screen
    appears. Using the next button scroll to the screen that reads Button Beep.
    Use the start/lap button to set to On. Press the set/recall button to return
    to the time display. HTH.

  3. Matthew Venhaus said:


    "xenman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

    I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

    There are several different Ironman 100 so the instructions may vary. On
    mine you would press and hold the set/recall button until the set screen
    appears. Using the next button scroll to the screen that reads Button Beep.
    Use the start/lap button to set to On. Press the set/recall button to return
    to the time display. HTH.

    Thanks for the reply. It appears that my watch is different than yours. Set
    and Recall are different buttons. Holding either button down for 5 seconds
    or more in Chrono, Alarm, or Time modes do not perform the function you
    described. My watch is 2.5 years old, perhaps yours is newer.

    Thanks anyway.

  4. Leafing through rec.running, I read xenman's message of 05 Dec 2004:

    Quoted message said:
    Matthew Venhaus said:


    "xenman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

    I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

    There are several different Ironman 100 so the instructions may vary.
    On mine you would press and hold the set/recall button until the set
    screen appears. Using the next button scroll to the screen that reads
    Button Beep. Use the start/lap button to set to On. Press the
    set/recall button to return to the time display. HTH.

    Thanks for the reply. It appears that my watch is different than
    yours. Set and Recall are different buttons. Holding either button
    down for 5 seconds or more in Chrono, Alarm, or Time modes do not
    perform the function you described. My watch is 2.5 years old,
    perhaps yours is newer.

    On the Timex Ironman watches that I've had, holding down all the buttons
    at the same time for 5 seconds will reset the watch to factory defaults.
    The time will change to 12 midnight and the year will go back to 1/01.
    It's a little tricky if there are several buttons.

    Phil M.

    --
    "What counts in battle is what you do once the pain sets in." -John
    Short, South African coach.

  5. "xenman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

    I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

    I had a Timex Datalink where the beep actually just died.
    I could test this by interfacing it with my PC and using
    the software functions to TEST various beep tones
    on the watch.

  6. Did you change your battery lately?
    When I changed mine I accidently put the back cover on
    the backwards. No beeps. Put the cover back on
    correctly, beeps.
    Hope this helps.

  7. Herman Munster said:

    Did you change your battery lately?
    When I changed mine I accidently put the back cover on
    the backwards. No beeps. Put the cover back on
    correctly, beeps.
    Hope this helps.

    Yes, I replaced the battery a while ago. The back cover
    appears to be on correctly. Thanks anyway.

  8. Phil M. said:

    Leafing through rec.running, I read xenman's message of 05 Dec 2004:

    Quoted message said:
    Matthew Venhaus said:


    "xenman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    > behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    > buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    > Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.
    >
    > I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    > Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

    There are several different Ironman 100 so the instructions may vary.
    On mine you would press and hold the set/recall button until the set
    screen appears. Using the next button scroll to the screen that reads
    Button Beep. Use the start/lap button to set to On. Press the
    set/recall button to return to the time display. HTH.

    Thanks for the reply. It appears that my watch is different than
    yours. Set and Recall are different buttons. Holding either button
    down for 5 seconds or more in Chrono, Alarm, or Time modes do not
    perform the function you described. My watch is 2.5 years old,
    perhaps yours is newer.

    On the Timex Ironman watches that I've had, holding down all the buttons
    at the same time for 5 seconds will reset the watch to factory defaults.
    The time will change to 12 midnight and the year will go back to 1/01.
    It's a little tricky if there are several buttons.

    Phil M.

    Oohhh. That did reset it. The word PASS was displayed for a couple of
    seconds. But still no beep. Thanks anyway.

  9. xenman said:

    Oohhh. That did reset it. The word PASS was displayed for a couple
    of seconds. But still no beep. Thanks anyway.

    Have you looked at http://www.timex.com/html/watch_instructions.html?

    Tim

  10. "Rob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:HLPsd.324$x26.144@trndny03...

    Quoted message said:


    "xenman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

    I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

    I had a Timex Datalink where the beep actually just died.
    I could test this by interfacing it with my PC and using
    the software functions to TEST various beep tones
    on the watch.

    I have a Timax Ironman and I will NEVER buy this watch again! What drives me
    insane is that if the light button is accidentally bumped twice, the watch
    reverts to 12am, and the date January 1st. Argh!! I can't tell you how many
    times this happens. The buttons are easy to bump, as they are all on the
    sides and get caught in my jackets. It is most inconvient.

    The next timer watch I will buy will have the setting buttons placed some
    where they don't catch.

    Martha

    Quoted message said:
  11. In article <[email hidden]>,

    MH said:


    I have a Timax Ironman and I will NEVER buy this watch again! What drives me
    insane is that if the light button is accidentally bumped twice, the watch
    reverts to 12am, and the date January 1st. Argh!! I can't tell you how many
    times this happens. The buttons are easy to bump, as they are all on the
    sides and get caught in my jackets. It is most inconvient.

    I had an Ironman that started to do something similar, although in my
    case it was more like if I tried to used the stopwatch and the countdown
    timer at the same time it would reset. But I couldn't find another one
    with the same features, so I bought a new one which--fingers
    crossed--doesn't seem to do it.

    Also, I had the old watch bettery changed at Wal-Mart, and after that
    any time I pressed the light button it made a high-pitched whine.

    --Harold Buck

    "I used to rock and roll all night,
    and party every day.
    Then it was every other day. . . ."
    -Homer J. Simpson

  12. Quoted message said:

    Also, I had the old watch bettery changed at Wal-Mart, and after that
    any time I pressed the light button it made a high-pitched whine.

    Your wife? Oops, I though you said "witch's battery".

  13. Tim Downie said:
    xenman said:

    Oohhh. That did reset it. The word PASS was displayed for a couple
    of seconds. But still no beep. Thanks anyway.

    Have you looked at http://www.timex.com/html/watch_instructions.html?

    Tim

    Thanks I'll take a look.

  14. xenman said:

    I own a Timex Ironman 100 Lap watch that has changed its
    behavior. It used to beep when I would press some of the
    buttons, particularly when I needed to reset the stopwatch.
    Now it doesn't beep at all for any function.

    I'm out of town for a long time so I don't have documentation.
    Does any know the key sequence to restore the beeps?

    You can download the instructions from:

    http://www.timex.com/html/watch_instructions.html

    Phil.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.