Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Anyone with Sigma BC1600 experience?

Started by amirm · · Last activity · 6 posts · 509 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
13 January 2004
Last activity
15 January 2004
Original author
amirm
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
509
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with tw
    different wheel sizes. The info says that it gives separate odo and tri
    distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it also giv
    separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each whee
    setting?" This could not be worked out either from online info or fro
    the manual .pdf

    Any comment is appreciated. Cheers

    -

  2. On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:19:30 GMT, amirm <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two
    different wheel sizes. The info says that it gives separate odo and trip
    distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it also give
    separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each wheel
    setting?" This could not be worked out either from online info or from
    the manual .pdf.

    If it's anything like the BC1200, then YES. You cycle between two wheel
    sizes, and it computers ALL variables for the wheel size you have
    selected.

    ---
    Cheers

    PeterC

    [Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
    [and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

  3. amirm said:

    Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two
    different wheel sizes. The info says that it gives separate odo and trip
    distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it also give
    separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each wheel
    setting?" This could not be worked out either from online info or from
    the manual .pdf.

    Quoted message said:

    Any comment is appreciated. Cheers.

    Quoted message said:

    --

    You input two different wheel circumferences and there's a button to
    switch between each of those settings. So the speed, avg speed etc
    it displays are based on whichever wheel size you've selected at
    the time.

    Cheers.
    --
    Nick

  4. Nickzx6r said:
    amirm said:

    Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two
    different wheel sizes. The info says that it gives separate odo and
    trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it also
    give separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each
    wheel setting?" This could not be worked out either from online info
    or from the manual .pdf.
    Any comment is appreciated. Cheers.
    --


    You input two different wheel circumferences and there's a button to
    switch between each of those settings. So the speed, avg speed etc it
    displays are based on whichever wheel size you've selected at the time.
    Cheers.
    --
    Nick

    So if I reset the values while say in wheel 1, it will not affect th
    values stored for wheel 2, right

    -

  5. amirm said:
    Nickzx6r said:
    amirm said:

    Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two
    different wheel sizes. The info says that it gives separate odo and
    trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does it also
    give separate values for average speed, max speed and time for each
    wheel setting?" This could not be worked out either from online info
    or from the manual .pdf.
    Any comment is appreciated. Cheers.
    --


    You input two different wheel circumferences and there's a button to
    switch between each of those settings. So the speed, avg speed etc it
    displays are based on whichever wheel size you've selected at the time.
    Cheers.
    --
    Nick

    Quoted message said:

    So if I reset the values while say in wheel 1, it will not affect the
    values stored for wheel 2, right?

    I don't think it keeps separate trip distance, time, avg speed and max.
    ie. go for a ride on 'wheel #1' and then switch to 'wheel #2' - the
    wheel #1 figures will still be there and the wheel #2 figures will then
    be added to what's already there. The only persistent data is the odometer
    which is saved separately for each wheel.

    Reading thatparagraph back again doesn't sound too clear but hopefully
    you get what I mean.

    Although I should add that I've never had a BC1600, but I've had
    several BC1200 and BC800s which all work the same way so I wouldn't
    expect Sigma have suddenly changed it. At the moment both my bikes
    have their own computer (Echo) but my motorbike has a BC800 on it
    so I'll try it out next time I ride it.

    Cheers.
    --
    Nick

  6. Nickzx6r said:
    amirm said:
    Nickzx6r said:

    amirm <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > Looking at the info on Sigmasport web page, BC1600 works with two
    > different wheel sizes. The info says that it gives separate odo
    > and trip distance for wheel 1 and wheel 2. My question is "Does
    > it also give separate values for average speed, max speed and
    > time for each wheel setting?" This could not be worked out either
    > from online info or from the manual .pdf. Any comment is
    > appreciated. Cheers.
    > --
    You input two different wheel circumferences and there's a button
    to switch between each of those settings. So the speed, avg speed
    etc it displays are based on whichever wheel size you've selected
    at the time. Cheers.
    --
    Nick


    So if I reset the values while say in wheel 1, it will not affect the
    values stored for wheel 2, right?


    I don't think it keeps separate trip distance, time, avg speed and max.
    ie. go for a ride on 'wheel
    #1' and then switch to 'wheel #2' - the wheel #1 figures will still be
    #there and the wheel #2
    figures will then be added to what's already there. The only persistent
    data is the odometer which is saved separately for each wheel.
    Reading thatparagraph back again doesn't sound too clear but hopefully
    you get what I mean.
    Although I should add that I've never had a BC1600, but I've had several
    BC1200 and BC800s which all work the same way so I wouldn't expect Sigma
    have suddenly changed it. At the moment both my bikes have their own
    computer (Echo) but my motorbike has a BC800 on it so I'll try it out
    next time I ride it.
    Cheers.
    --
    Nick

    Thanks Nick

    Interestingly, none of the LBSs who carry BC1600 didn't know either. Bu
    from what I've understood so far, and your comments, I gather ther
    won't be two separate sets of data one of which for each wheel size. Th
    only ones that do it, that I know of, are CicloMaster computers. I us
    one on my commuting road bike. I'm very pleased with it. I'm in th
    market to buy another computer, and when I saw the info on BC1600
    thought it might be a cheaper alternative (about $45 less) to the CM21
    (Ciclosport)

    -

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.