Quoted message said:Running with no shirt on in the summer and getting hellos and smiles
from all the old ladies out walking.
Too bad none of them under 80 were interested in you. Chalk it up to
poor eyesight.
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Quoted message said:Running with no shirt on in the summer and getting hellos and smiles
from all the old ladies out walking.
Too bad none of them under 80 were interested in you. Chalk it up to
poor eyesight.
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:2) What was your most embarrassing moment while running, if any?
Running with no shirt on in the summer and getting hellos and smiles
from all the old ladies out walking. As I got fitter it got to be
ridiculous.
___care to illustrate "ridiculous"? you never let any of these women
pick you up? well then you're a better man than me...lol.
Most of them were over 50, quite plump, trying to 'walk it off' I suppose.
OTOH, one place I run in summer on weekends is all about people watching.
I've dated women I've met out exercising, but right now I've got my girl.
-T
"Dan Stumpus" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:In my first 50 mile running race in '85, a nat'l class triathlete and
I ran the first 30 miles together. He had no problem watering the
dirt without skipping a beat, and keeping his shorts dry.
I know there are people that can tinkle and run at the same time but as
we both know from the big list that national class or not the runner
will get a big bunch of [censored], if not a push off the trail, from fellow
runners that [censored] down the center of the trail. In one race some years
back a guy was in front of us by a few yards and we could see his funny
uphill walk and the zig-zag stream of urine - If anybody carried a rope
that guy would still be hanging in a tree. Let's just say the verbal
repartee that ensued let him know in no uncertain terms, that he was
lower than whale [censored].
To those that like pee without stepping off the trail, make damn sure no
one is behind you.
-DF
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:2) What was your most embarrassing moment while running, if any?
Running with no shirt on in the summer and getting hellos and smiles
from all the old ladies out walking. As I got fitter it got to be
ridiculous.
___care to illustrate "ridiculous"? you never let any of these women
pick you up? well then you're a better man than me...lol.
Once you get more weight off you may experience the cat-calls and
constant offers of free flesh. It's a curse but we learn to live with
it. Maybe Santa will bring you some botox or a gift certiciate to the Y.
🙂
-DF
Quoted message said:Once you get more weight off you may experience the cat-calls and
constant offers of free flesh. It's a curse but we learn to live with
it.
I'm jealous. All I get is "You touched my car MFer! I'll kill you right
where you F*&#in' stand!" I doubt it was because he was interested in my
trim physique. I do get an occasional cat call, but I sense a sarcastic
tone in most of these. Something like "Nice shorts, prevert [sic]."
--
Phil M.
down road 2 big snowmen in front of driveway.
walk 5 mile in 1h50m =2 3/4 m.p.h.
3m.p.h.=1h40m
say 1 thing funny in each post.
in a.m.
biking the year thru and not like years before.
all this don't interest me.
I training in dark/ or no mouthers.
your b thee best. [censored]
diff is in morn you still be a fagget.
troll psyco.
example:
4,4,4,4/11,4/15,x,4,5.=29 foot in 8h.
=3.5m.p.h.,
26 bike=4 h,6.5m.p.h.=
55 miles in 12 h
little ove 4.5 mph
just screwing around.
55÷7=7.85
12÷7=1.71
50 year old.
and your still a [censored].
biking the year thru and not like years before.
mary poping
Merry Christmas
Ninja troll.
psyco
biking the year thru and not like years before.
Quoted message said:1) What was your best run (training run or race) and why?
I'm gonna go with Ye Olde Kaisaniemen Juoksu: http://tinyurl.com/9vh8s
80% because of the sunbathing goddess
10% because of the thrill of racing - and reasonably well - in a
distant land
10% because of the AG second and luxuriously fluffy towel which remains
my favorite
Quoted message said:2) What was your most embarrassing moment while running, if any?
I probably have an embarrassment of riches from which to choose, but
what comes most readily to mind would have to be the water table mishap
in the Manhattan 1/2 marathon: http://tinyurl.com/dpbmm
Quoted message said:3) What was the stupidest thing you did before or while running?
Let's call this a tie between
[a] racing in Helsinki under an alias instead of my given name "Charlie
Pendejo" and thereby missing anders, and
[b] going to the NYCM expo twice (having forgotten to sign up for the
pace group the first time), and eating and drinking several of the free
samples. The chem-lab goodies may or may not have been a major factor
in my digestive problems and ensuing marathon disaster, as it
subsequently became clear that I had some viral infection - and surely
every minute I spent indoors among all those thousands increased my
exposure to viruses and other little beasties.
Quoted message said:4) What was the best piece of running gear you bought?
Quoted message said:5) What was the most useless running purchase you made?
Quoted message said:mary poping
Merry Christmas
Ninja troll.
psyco
Tom, you have yourself a very Merry Christmas!
--
Phil M.
anders said:1) What was your best run (training run or race) and why?
The run around Central Park on my first ever trip across the Atlantic. I
wasn't really prepared for the effect Manhattan would have on me - having
seen so much of it on TV and in films over the years, I was sort of
/blasé/ before the fact.
In the end it was as close to magical as I can imagine, if we don't count
the idea of been woken by Emma de Caunes kissing me, of course.
Quoted message said:2) What was your most embarrassing moment while running, if any?
Don't really remember any particular one. Probably something to do with
farting unexpectedly if there is one :-P
Quoted message said:3) What was the stupidest thing you did before or while running?
1) Stuffing my guts with all the wrong food, plus a half-litre of Chianti,
the day before La Rochelle marathon.
2) Not meeting any of the N-Y chapter of rec.running when I was over
there.
Quoted message said:4) What was the best piece of running gear you bought?
The only thing I bought this year apart from shoes was the fuel belt for
La Rochelle. Worked very well.
Quoted message said:5) What was the most useless running purchase you made?
n/a
Charlie Pendejo said:Quoted message said:5) What was the most useless running purchase you made?
Asics Magic Racers. Anyone want to pick up a pair of size 8.5, less
than 100 miles on 'em?
hmm, maybe. Why do you hate them?
--
live! vicariously!
anders said:1) What was your best run (training run or race) and why?
3 days ago I went out for a 14-mile run. It was 37F, coldest here since
January. The schedule said "steady" and I found to my happy surprise that
low 8s/high 7s were not a problem. The last 2.5 miles I decided to pick it
up, found myself running 6:48s and feeling *really* good (so good I thought
maybe the GPS was broken). Anyway, that run came completely out of
nowhere, felt great, probably did me some good, and at the very least gave
me a bit of confidence.
Quoted message said:2) What was your most embarrassing moment while running, if any?
During a hot and hilly half-marathon I got dehydrated, demoralized, and
disoriented; I grabbed a cup of water from an aid station but couldn't slow
my breathing enough to drink. I reached what seemed to be the end of the
aid-station and then turned around and started walking back along the
course because I thought I was only allowed to throw my empty cup down in a
specified area. I was really, really disoriented. Luckily another runner
said something to me and brought me back to my senses.
Quoted message said:3) What was the stupidest thing you did before or while running?
See (2) above.
Quoted message said:4) What was the best piece of running gear you bought?
toss-up between a set of coolmax hat-n-gloves and a $1.99 set of shoe
stretchers (one of my feet is a little bigger than the other, and my
favorite pair of flats is a bit tight on the bigger foot)
Quoted message said:5) What was the most useless running purchase you made?
a pair of those race-ready shorts with all the pockets. They look totally
retarded and remind me of some bloomers my mother made me wear when I was
little. Experience has taught me I just can't eat during a race, so I
don't need all those pockets.
Karen
--
live! vicariously!
joe positive said:Charlie Pendejo said:Asics Magic Racers. Anyone want to pick up a pair of size 8.5,
less than 100 miles on 'em?hmm, maybe. Why do you hate them?
Cuz Asics sux! Isn't that the well-known consensus here?
I just don't like the Magic Racers. Too heavy and clunky and built up
for a flat; yet lacking the cushioning / support I want from a trainer
for hundreds of miles of pavement.
The ~9 oz Brooks Racer ST weighs about the same (and about the same as
claimed, unlike the Asics) and also straddles the flat / LWT border,
but is more successful at both: it feels quicker *and* more protective.
And my collection includes a couple lighter, truer flats, and a couple
heavier more protective trainers, all of which I like better. And for
whatever reason I seem to run more splay-footed in the Magic Racers
than any other shoe, from my lightest flats to heaviest trainers.
I had to double-check but it turns out I really do still own these
shoes - haven't given 'em to the salivation army yet - though they've
got a real good coating of dirt from running on the path at my local
park. Nothing an Oxy-Clean soak won't handle.
If you want 'em, they're yours. OTOH if you incur a stress fracture in
'em, tell us you were wearing something else: I don't want to live with
that guilt.
Charlie Pendejo said:joe positive said:Charlie Pendejo said:Asics Magic Racers. Anyone want to pick up a pair of size 8.5,
less than 100 miles on 'em?hmm, maybe. Why do you hate them?
Cuz Asics sux! Isn't that the well-known consensus here?
hmmm, I used to like the landreths a couple of years ago.
Quoted message said:I had to double-check but it turns out I really do still own these
shoes - haven't given 'em to the salivation army yet - though they've
got a real good coating of dirt from running on the path at my local
park. Nothing an Oxy-Clean soak won't handle.If you want 'em, they're yours. OTOH if you incur a stress fracture in
'em, tell us you were wearing something else: I don't want to live with
that guilt.
cool, thanks. Don't even worry about cleaning them; I'll do it. I'll pay
for shipping too. You have my email address so let's take this offline.
On the other hand, if you really want to give them to SA or some other
charity, please do.
--
live! vicariously!
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.