On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:25:15 -0600
Tom Sherman said:Ken Marcet said:I have been ebaying looking for a used recumbent, and have seen seeral
that claimed to be used, and even they regularly sell for way over
$300.00 now I know that there are less bents built per year than
uprights but still $300 or more for a used bike? Come on now! I would
not spend any more than $300 for a ebay bike I don't care what kind it
is.
I spent in excess of $2K for a used trike from an eBay auction, then
drove almost 1,000 miles in one day to pick it up. 😉
I also purchased a used recumbent bicycle for a little less than $2K.
It's normal for recumbents to be more costly. However, I've seen, for
example, a Cycle Genius CGX on sale for less than $400, so perhaps one
might get lucky and snipe one on eBay for around $300, but I really doubt
it'd be *under $300. You might find a Sun EZ-1 in the $300-$400
neighborhood too. Old BikeE CT's go for about $400 as well. CLWB isn't my
cup of tea, so you won't have to bid against me.
That said, I own the cheapest SWB available, at $500 + $63 in freight
charges.
I think Chuck sold my address, though. Ever since i ordered it I'm
getting, of all things, a deluge of gun catalogs, letters from the NRA,
etc. I've never owned a firearm or even purchased ammunition or for that
matter so much as a fishing pole, so I'm perplexed. My best guess is that
maybe a "bicycle" somehow counts as "sporting goods".
Some time next year i hope to begin construction on a homebuilt tadpole,
which i hope will cost significantly less (if i don't include my usual
hourly rate).