Road Cycling · Public discussion

are U locks safe to buy now? --

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 6 posts · 413 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
9 December 2004
Last activity
16 December 2004
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
413
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. meaning, have they fixed the ballpoint-pen flaw?

    i need a new lock

  2. tariq.1.rahim said:

    meaning, have they fixed the ballpoint-pen flaw?


    It's a lock cylinder flaw, not a U-lock specific issue.

    Look for a lock that uses flat keys and not cylinder shaped keys and you
    should be fine.

  3. maxo said:
    tariq.1.rahim said:

    meaning, have they fixed the ballpoint-pen flaw?


    It's a lock cylinder flaw, not a U-lock specific issue.

    Look for a lock that uses flat keys and not cylinder shaped keys and you
    should be fine.

    I posted a question about tublar locks the other day but no one
    answered (boo hoo). My replacement Master Lock has arrived and it's
    also a round. Very odd.

  4. dgk said:
    maxo said:
    tariq.1.rahim said:

    meaning, have they fixed the ballpoint-pen flaw?


    It's a lock cylinder flaw, not a U-lock specific issue.

    Look for a lock that uses flat keys and not cylinder shaped keys and you
    should be fine.

    I posted a question about tublar locks the other day but no one
    answered (boo hoo). My replacement Master Lock has arrived and it's
    also a round. Very odd.

    Way cool, I get to answer my own message. I just called Master Lock
    and they said that even though it looks the same and is the same size,
    the cylinder construction is different and it cannot be opened with a
    pen. True or False, I cannot tell, but this is the story. I am not
    going to try it since I couldn't pick the lock in the first place. My
    LBS could however.

  5. dgk said:

    Way cool, I get to answer my own message. I just called Master Lock
    and they said that even though it looks the same and is the same size,
    the cylinder construction is different and it cannot be opened with a
    pen. True or False, I cannot tell, but this is the story. I am not
    going to try it since I couldn't pick the lock in the first place. My
    LBS could however.

    How about taking it down to the LBS and see if they can do it again?

    --

    -TTFN

    -Steven

  6. Quoted message said:
    dgk said:

    Way cool, I get to answer my own message. I just called Master Lock
    and they said that even though it looks the same and is the same size,
    the cylinder construction is different and it cannot be opened with a
    pen. True or False, I cannot tell, but this is the story. I am not
    going to try it since I couldn't pick the lock in the first place. My
    LBS could however.

    How about taking it down to the LBS and see if they can do it again?

    I'll do that. But my LBS is fairly far away so it will take a bit.
    There are many other bike shops closer but I like that one.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.