"Paul Saunders" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:theo said:Would it be possible to convert it into a inner and
flysheet together tent ? Use the poles on the outside
with velcro ? Inner attached same way as Hilleberg
tents ?
Sounds rather awkward. I wouldn't like to try, but you're
welcome to.
Pole sleeves appear to experience impressive stress loads
in wind. The velcro would have to be heavy duty and jolly
well attached.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I even think of making my own tent but where to get the
right material ? Off course that would be easier than
building your own camera. Ever thought about it, Paul ?
Building my own camera? No.
A camera can be built entirely from a cardboard shoebox. Not
so a tent, since cardboard is both heavy and water-
absorbing.
Quoted message said:Nor making my own tent either, can't be bothered with the
hassle. I quite like the idea of taking a tarp or whatever
you call it, plus some guyline and pegs (and trekking
poles) and improvising a shelter somewhere, using the
terrain (forests for example). I've done that a few times
with an old flysheet.
Reading the tarp discussions in rec.backcountry, every time
someone designs a new tarp-based shelter, it looks a bit
more like a tent....
--
If the outdoors is a gym with dirt on the ground, or a
place to exercise, or to show off, and nothing more, you
don't get it.
- Gary D. Schwartz in rec.backcountry