rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

arguments for a 26" muni

Started by catinabag1 · · Last activity · 24 posts · 449 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
10 April 2008
Last activity
11 April 2008
Original author
catinabag1
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
449
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–24 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. saskatchewanian said:

    When doing MUni a 19 is a Jeep, a 24 is a Hummer and a 26 is a tank.

    that makes the 24 sound useless because hummers are useless off road,
    theyre too heavy for theyre own good. or was this a comparison to make
    the 26 even more awesome??

    --
    1-wheeled-grape

    Scott,

    Chris-"james is naming your unicycle a girls name replacement for
    girlfriends?"😄 😄
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1-wheeled-grape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15877
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69097

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. I realy like my 26 but I haven't had it for long. If I could only have
    one muni I would chose the 24 but that has a lot to do with the kind of
    trails around here. If I lived somewhere else I might chose the 26 but
    I like having both.

    As people have said the choices of 24s far excedes the 26s. Unless you
    are building your own frames like I do. If I was just starting out
    today I would just buy a KH 24. When I started riding the only choice
    for a serious Muni was a Hunter which at the time was a thousand
    dollars with a Profile hub. I started building my own to save money now
    I do it because I like buliding them.

    I originaly built my 26 so I could try the 4" endomorph tire for snow
    riding and it is only available in the 26. That said I don't think it
    realy helps that much. I haven't found any conditions that I could ride
    with the 4" that I couldn't with the 3" and it's a $100 tire.

    --
    Tellurider
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69097

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. I think that a 26 would be fun, but beacuse nobody really makes one
    stock you would have to build it up yourself. I would go with a 24
    because they are more readily available.
    Also, I am one of those riders who tries to eliminate hops and roll
    everything. I think thats how Muni should be, getting from point A to
    point B, no tricks in between. I think a 24 is good for this. I ride a
    24 with 170s, which were a little long, but i think 150s would be too
    short.

    I would go for the 24 with 165s or 150s, depending you're riding style.

    --
    smcmorrow

    \"It's knot gonna make it!\" -threeinchtire
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    smcmorrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10881
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69097

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. smcmorrow said:

    I think that a 26 would be fun, but beacuse nobody really makes one
    stock you would have to build it up yourself. I would go with a 24
    because they are more readily available.
    Also, I am one of those riders who tries to eliminate hops and roll
    everything. I think thats how Muni should be, getting from point A to
    point B, no tricks in between. I think a 24 is good for this. I ride a
    24 with 170s, which were a little long, but i think 150s would be too
    short.

    I would go for the 24 with 165s or 150s, depending you're riding style.

    nimbus had a 26" for $263. so you dont have to build one.

    --
    catinabag1

    Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rules!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    catinabag1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16651
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69097

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.