Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Armstrong Confesses!

Started by No_Positives · · Last activity · 87 posts · 9,759 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
16 August 2007
Last activity
6 March 2009
Original author
No_Positives
Posts
87
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
9,759
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 81–87 of 87
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Pharmstrong has an ear peice in his right ear and his PR/legal posse off camera too. They already did a pre-interview and ran through all of Nike's Q & A. Larry is a TV lapdog.

    At the UCI we protected that lame [censored] for seven long years. He still owe me another installment to my Zurich account. We have more doping positives on him for 2000 thru 2005 TDFs.

    I am accruing interest on that cow blood addict.

    No_Positives said:

    [img]farm2.static.flickr.com1206551850 7847fe3f57.jpg[/img]

  2. Rolfrae said:

    When did you last cycle on a British road? Maybe it's just Edinburgh roads but I get grief every time I go out - although it has been a bit better of late. I'll probably get in a scrap at the weekend now I've said that! :eek:


    Whenever I travel to Edinburgh it always strikes me as a crazy place to commute on bicycle (at least in the central area of town). It's impressive to see quite a few cyclists doing so anyway.

  3. helmutRoole2 said:

    Wolf is right. I raced against him, interviewed him later on when I was a working journalist. He's not a well like dude by many. He was like the Armstrong of the states -- doping his way to many victories, winning in boring fashion and generally being pig. Many were glad to see him leave the North American circuit because he could not beat, but many just plain hated his ass.


    What Horner needs is a PR manager. Instead of saying what most athletes say, which is "it's not about the money," Horner just comes out and says it about the money. It's always about the money, but to get the public and teams on your side you can't say that and instead should let your agent worry about the money side of things.

    But I did like how Horner gave Velo News' Neal Rogers about 6-7 minutes of time each day at the Tour. That's about 5:55-6:55 minutes more time than Hincapie would give. I watched every one of those Horner interviews.

  4. jsull14 said:

    What Horner needs is a PR manager. Instead of saying what most athletes say, which is "it's not about the money," Horner just comes out and says it about the money. It's always about the money, but to get the public and teams on your side you can't say that and instead should let your agent worry about the money side of things.

    But I did like how Horner gave Velo News' Neal Rogers about 6-7 minutes of time each day at the Tour. That's about 5:55-6:55 minutes more time than Hincapie would give. I watched every one of those Horner interviews.

    You know, here's the thing about Horner, and I shouldn't have left this out. He is principled. You may not like what drives him, but he is predictable and it doesn't surprise me that he gave Rogers that time even during the pressure cooker that the Tour must be. And I don't think he's liar unless we're talking about doping issues, a tightrope I think he walks reasonably well.

    When I was an athlete, I didn't care for him. As a journalist, he wasn't too bad.

  5. helmutRoole2 said:

    You know, here's the thing about Horner, and I shouldn't have left this out. He is principled. You may not like what drives him, but he is predictable and it doesn't surprise me that he gave Rogers that time even during the pressure cooker that the Tour must be. And I don't think he's liar unless we're talking about doping issues, a tightrope I think he walks reasonably well.

    When I was an athlete, I didn't care for him. As a journalist, he wasn't too bad.


    [font=Verdana]Agreed. What he said about Vino made real sense. However when he comments on Armstrong the sharks dive in. He said that you can't compete against someone preparing like Vino (blood doping). He said when its that sophisticated how can you possibly compete ? To me that makes perfect sense.... why do we not jump on that ? [/font][font=Verdana][/font]

  6. whiteboytrash said:

    [font=Verdana]Agreed. What he said about Vino made real sense. However when he comments on Armstrong the sharks dive in. He said that you can't compete against someone preparing like Vino (blood doping). He said when its that sophisticated how can you possibly compete ? To me that makes perfect sense.... why do we not jump on that ? [/font]


    So are you honestly saying you think there is a scarcity of people on this forum expressing the opinion that LA doped? I think it would be easier to list the threads where at least a few people (including me) have NOT chimed in to express that opinion. Opinions about LA doping are propably the one topic of this forum that gets "jumped on" more than any other!

  7. Bumping the spam

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.