Doping in Cycling · Public discussion

Armstrong used EPO in 99?

Started by HoWheels · · Last activity · 175 posts · 43,278 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Doping in Cycling
Published
23 August 2005
Last activity
9 September 2005
Original author
HoWheels
Posts
175
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
43,278
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 175
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16357449-23210,00.html

    So I don't get it. They tested a 7-year-old urine sample to determine that it had trace amounts of EPO?
    Why were they keeping a 7-year-old urine sample around?
    What's the integrity of testing a 7-year-old urine sample?

    I have a feeling this is going to be difficult to substantiate ...

    -a

  2. HoWheels said:

    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16357449-23210,00.html

    So I don't get it. They tested a 7-year-old urine sample to determine that it had trace amounts of EPO?
    Why were they keeping a 7-year-old urine sample around?
    What's the integrity of testing a 7-year-old urine sample?

    I have a feeling this is going to be difficult to substantiate ...


    It says on his website that there will be no recourse from this because L'equipe admits the science is faulty.

    I wonder how long [censored] stays good??? 🙂

  3. Tjaah......I just read NOS and the lab director said ''no doubt he's positive but because it's an experimental test we can't do a follow-up test and he thus walks'' (rough translation).

    But the WADA however can do something..........

    spokeking said:

    It says on his website that there will be no recourse from this because L'equipe admits the science is faulty.

    I wonder how long [censored] stays good??? 🙂

  4. WOOOW the [censored] is really hitting the fan I'm reading sporza and some big people in cycling are speaking up.........damn too bad not a lot people can read dutch on this forum.

    For the people who can:

    vrtnieuws.netindex.html
    vrtnieuws.netindex.html

    Oke some interesting quotes from some people then:

    Cofidis manager eric boyer: Is wondering if 'LA will tell everything now' OR 'will he just hire a whole peloton advocates....'

    'You look at the tour and watch his demarrages and his arrogance. And then you discover it's all a lie, possible the biggest in 7 years. How believeble is he still?? (sorry for bad translation)

    'I surely would like to know which doctors are responsible for this. Who are those [censored]? I find it sad that the media discovered this and not the UCI'

    Daniel Baal (ex-voorzitter of the french cycling union and he's now working for the UCI): 'The myth doesn't exist anymore. The lie is clear. I know that a lot of people don't want to critize LA and alway support him, but know you can't deny anymore......'

    Strong words indeed.........

  5. Sporza is constantly updating......they have a video on of Renno Roelandt (WADA): he says that LA IS positive....and that the french labo have done there work perfectly! And he said that the french even concluded that he gone 3 times for a cure for the 6 mountain stages.........

    Reaction Leblanc: 'I'm being carefull (with his reaction), but this is alarming! I feel disillusioned, like many sportfans. Do I feel left alone by lance armstrong? Yes!'

    Reaction Merckx: 'It is all sensational: he always told me that he never doped. If I had to chose between a newspaper and LA, then I chose for the information LA gives me! He should need to get the chance to defend himself'

  6. Oh I'm loving this, this is great entertainment. 🙂

  7. MJtje said:

    WOOOW the [censored] is really hitting the fan I'm reading sporza and some big people in cycling are speaking up.........damn too bad not a lot people can read dutch on this forum.

    For the people who can:

    vrtnieuws.netindex.html
    vrtnieuws.netindex.html

    Oke some interesting quotes from some people then:

    Cofidis manager eric boyer: Is wondering if 'LA will tell everything now' OR 'will he just hire a whole peloton advocates....'

    'You look at the tour and watch his demarrages and his arrogance. And then you discover it's all a lie, possible the biggest in 7 years. How believeble is he still?? (sorry for bad translation)

    'I surely would like to know which doctors are responsible for this. Who are those [censored]? I find it sad that the media discovered this and not the UCI'

    Daniel Baal (ex-voorzitter of the french cycling union and he's now working for the UCI): 'The myth doesn't exist anymore. The lie is clear. I know that a lot of people don't want to critize LA and alway support him, but know you can't deny anymore......'

    Strong words indeed.........


    Gee, why would a sports team manager jump on the bandwagon so fast?
    And From Cofidis?
    Lance and Cofidis are such good friends...

  8. Its frozen so stays good for a very long time.... I'm sorry but he is guilty.

    spokeking said:

    It says on his website that there will be no recourse from this because L'equipe admits the science is faulty.

    I wonder how long [censored] stays good??? 🙂

  9. You and me Ulle... I knew he was a cheat.... the others have gone very quite now haven't they !

    Ullefan said:

    Oh I'm loving this, this is great entertainment. 🙂

  10. I'm just saying what sporza is quoting no more no less........but youre right LA and cofidis are no friends....

    hombredesubaru said:

    Gee, why would a sports team manager jump on the bandwagon so fast?
    And From Cofidis?
    Lance and Cofidis are such good friends...

  11. whiteboytrash said:

    You and me Ulle... I knew he was a cheat.... the others have gone very quite now haven't they !


    Its all gone quiet in america, oh its all gone quiet musetteeee.....

  12. Hein Verbruggen, president of cycling's governing body, the International Cycling Union (UCI), said: "We have to wait and see if this is true.

    "Only then will we be able to ask ourselves whether there should be any legal action and whether this is a further blow for cycling. "I have to say this is not pleasant but, for the moment, it only involves Lance Armstrong and France."

    MJtje said:

    I'm just saying what sporza is quoting no more no less........but youre right LA and cofidis are no friends....

  13. Yes musette is prowling the Disco websites and cannot find any good news.... :-)

    I wonder what Jan's and Basso's reaction will be......... ?

    Ullefan said:

    Its all gone quiet in america, oh its all gone quiet musetteeee.....

  14. whiteboytrash said:

    Yes musette is prowling the Disco websites and cannot find any good news.... :-)

    LOL!!

    whiteboytrash said:


    I wonder what Jan's and Basso's reaction will be......... ?


    jan will think 'finally!!! - I knew big gears rule all!!!'

  15. Here is the front page of L'Equipe which has the four page spread inside which is titled 'The Armstrong Lie'

    MJtje said:

    I'm just saying what sporza is quoting no more no less........but youre right LA and cofidis are no friends....

  16. whiteboytrash said:

    Yes musette is prowling the Disco websites and cannot find any good news.... :-)

    I wonder what Jan's and Basso's reaction will be......... ?


    She'll go to thepaceline.com and copy and paste armstrong's statement and underline ''faulty science.''

    wait a minute, we can't rule out the possibility that Jan could be positive? Is it just 99 samples right?

  17. whiteboytrash said:

    Yes musette is prowling the Disco websites and cannot find any good news.... :-)

    LOL!!

    whiteboytrash said:


    I wonder what Jan's and Basso's reaction will be......... ?


    jan will think 'finally!!! - I knew big gears rule all!!!'

  18. French former Tour de France winner Laurent Fignon was more blunt in his assessment of the Armstrong brouhaha: "I don't give a sh**. 1999? This is ancient history. What does this prove and what does this solve?"

    "What interests me now is keeping the next generation of cyclists clean and drug-free."

    Wow what a great guy he doesn't give a [censored]..............! Yeah he's right let's forget about it.......hope they don't test my blood fignon must be thinking:p

  19. Ullefan said:

    She'll go to thepaceline.com and copy and paste armstrong's statement and underline ''faulty science.''

    classic 😄

  20. Oke some more quotes all from belgian newspapers:

    Simeoni: 'This is the proof that I always spoke the truth. I took responsibility in this case!' (funny that an ex-dopers says that.........ah well🙄 )

    [censored] Vloet: 'What I always said is that LA (pre-cancer) was no climber; he became a climber, but you don't learn that....

    'I've never worked witht the men so I can't say if he did dope, but he should tell how it is possible that he can ride alpe d'huez with 25 km/hour.....'

    'He never impressed me. I have known him before his disease and after. After his disease he was a completely different person!'

    source: www.sport.be

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.