Who here has done Melbourne's "Around the Bay in a Day" ?
I think it's about 210km or so :eek: .. what's it like to do? The longest ride I've ever done is about 140km..
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Bike Cafe · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Who here has done Melbourne's "Around the Bay in a Day" ?
I think it's about 210km or so :eek: .. what's it like to do? The longest ride I've ever done is about 140km..
hey rek,
well to answer your question. i did the around the bay last year. I took the route of Melb, Sorento, Melb. For me it was a mental challenge since I didnt do any preparations for that ride since I just had got back from my vaccation. It wasnt too bad apart from the fact that I struggled a bit since I didnt ride my bike in a long time plus it was uncomfortable sitting for too long. And didnt cover that distance ever before. Apart from that it wasnt too bad. The only sort of difficult incline was Oliver's Hill near frankston. I survived. I survived after sleeping in Sorrento for an hr. Because I was too buggered. 😄
However, I survived and made the journey. I accomplished my challenge. So I was happy. 🙂
I've never done it, are you planning on doing it this year?
i will do it this year if my tendonopathy disappears from my legs. Hopefully by then if all things go good, I will have a new set of Campy wheels which i would love to show off during that ride 😄
Quoted post said:Originally posted by steve
I've never done it, are you planning on doing it this year?
Yeah I am thinking about it..
I did ATB last year, St Kilda - Queenscliffe - St Kilda, it was 210 klms, about 119 to Queenscliffe and from Sorrento to St Kilda. The longest ride I did before the ATB was 150k, with a 3 - 4 100 - 140 klm rides in the three months prior. I finished the ride in just over 7 hours and was able to walk (just ) when I finished. The hills are fairly small ( I'm from Tassie) and much of the time you ride with larger groups of riders making the riding alot easier.
😎
yep did it last yaer it was my frist time i did it on a mtb going from St Kilda to Sorrento and then back to St kilda this yaer i wont to go St Kilda to Queenscliffe to Sorrento to St kilda and if i have the $$$ i wont to get a road bike. what is a good time to do it in i did it in 5hr and 30mins last yaer ??
Quoted post said:Originally posted by visser
yep did it last yaer it was my frist time i did it on a mtb going from St Kilda to Sorrento and then back to St kilda this yaer i wont to go St Kilda to Queenscliffe to Sorrento to St kilda and if i have the $$$ i wont to get a road bike. what is a good time to do it in i did it in 5hr and 30mins last yaer ??
210km in 5 and half hours is a pretty good time, I'm suprised you did it that quick (on a MTB??). I think you should be lining up in the warny this year......but on a road bike! 🙄
cheers
cool cool cool i can't get over that i thowt that was a just a [censored] time i have never race't befor. most of the year i row and just ride to and back from it i do about i was doing about 150-200ks on the bike per week and one of my frend's dad sed that i shud have a go at it and yes i did do it on a MTB and what is the warny??ps i race my first race on sunday it was xc but i got lost on the race and rode 5 km's the rong way
😠 so by the time i got back on the track i had put about 15 min's on my time 🙁
Quoted post said:i did it in 5hr and 30mins last yaer ??
i think i was fibing i look back in my diary and i did it in 6hr 35 mins 🙄 😉
HAHA thats still bloody good on an MTB!
so what time do u do it in
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.