Road Cycling · Public discussion

At Home With Peter Van Petegem

Started by Sierraman · · Last activity · 6 posts · 675 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
13 January 2005
Last activity
14 January 2005
Original author
Sierraman
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
675
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. At Home With Belgium's New Classics King Peter Van Petegem.
    By Joe Lindsey, Contributing Writer
    Wednesday, January 12, 2005

    Snippit...

    Van Petegem also knows there will be a stiff new obstacle; six-time Tour de
    France champ Lance Armstrong. Armstrong, whose new Discovery Channel team
    was officially announced this week, is focusing on the classics this year
    rather than the Tour. When speaking of the classics at the Discovery Channel
    presentation on Monday, Armstrong said simply, "I really want to rediscover
    the ambiance of the classics. I know I can figure well in them."

    snip..

    "Armstrong will never win a race like Flanders," Mattan insisted. "It's just
    too special of a race.

    snip...

    Can Armstrong win this great northern classic? "Yes," he says with a shake
    of his head. "Sure he can."

    http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3253,s1-11061,00.html?category_id=367

    B-

  2. Sierraman said:

    At Home With Belgium's New Classics King Peter Van Petegem.
    By Joe Lindsey, Contributing Writer
    Wednesday, January 12, 2005

    Snippit...

    Van Petegem also knows there will be a stiff new obstacle; six-time Tour de
    France champ Lance Armstrong. Armstrong, whose new Discovery Channel team
    was officially announced this week, is focusing on the classics this year
    rather than the Tour. When speaking of the classics at the Discovery Channel
    presentation on Monday, Armstrong said simply, "I really want to rediscover
    the ambiance of the classics. I know I can figure well in them."

    snip..

    "Armstrong will never win a race like Flanders," Mattan insisted. "It's just
    too special of a race.

    snip...

    Can Armstrong win this great northern classic? "Yes," he says with a shake
    of his head. "Sure he can."

    bicycling.com0,3253,s1 11061,00.html

    B-

    Thanks for that... I rarely look at Bicycling, so I would have missed it, but I'm a huge PVP fan!

    And I do have to say that the Davitamon/Lotto jersey's for '05 are definitely the hottest of the year 😄

  3. I think of all of the present day Belgian riders I've always liked
    Peter Van Petegem the best of all. I've stood fairly close to Peter and
    he sort of exuded strength of the honest variety. For whatever that's
    worth.

    Museew always seemed to me to be winning too easily, riding away at the
    wrong times and showing immense strength advantages over other riders
    who were previously his equal. That may be simply because he was
    stronger, but I always suspected him of doping and his latest travails
    certainly suggest that he might not have been clean during his greatest
    performances. Though I would give him the benefit of a doubt as to the
    legal case against him.

  4. Tom Kunich said:

    I think of all of the present day Belgian riders I've always liked
    Peter Van Petegem the best of all. I've stood fairly close to Peter


    and

    Quoted message said:

    he sort of exuded strength of the honest variety. For whatever that's
    worth.

    dumbass, that's worth [censored]

    Quoted message said:

    Museew always seemed to me to be winning too easily, riding away at


    the

    Quoted message said:

    wrong times and showing immense strength advantages over other riders
    who were previously his equal.

    dumbass, are you chaneling lafferty ?

    can you not say that about anyone that wins convincingly ?
    moose has also failed to win on many occasions when he was favoured.

  5. Tom Kunich said:

    I think of all of the present day Belgian riders I've always liked
    Peter Van Petegem the best of all. I've stood fairly close to Peter


    and

    Quoted message said:

    he sort of exuded strength of the honest variety. For whatever that's
    worth.

    Museew always seemed to me to be winning too easily, riding away at


    the

    Quoted message said:

    wrong times and showing immense strength advantages over other riders
    who were previously his equal. That may be simply because he was
    stronger, but I always suspected him of doping and his latest


    travails

    Quoted message said:

    certainly suggest that he might not have been clean during his


    greatest

    Quoted message said:

    performances. Though I would give him the benefit of a doubt as to


    the

    Quoted message said:

    legal case against him.


    You should wipe that "exuded strength" from your chin.

    RVD

  6. Winning too easily? Against competitors like Bartoli, Tchmil,
    Fondriest, Sorensen, PVP, Ballerini, Bugno, ... Yeah right.
    If there was something Museeuw was an expert in, it was choosing the
    right moment. If he lifted his ass from the saddle, you better be in
    his wheel or you've missed the decisive breakaway.

    Kenny

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.