I am thinking about riding from Atlanta to Gainesville, FL or Jacksonville, FL within the next couple of weeks.
Any suggestions on the route would be greatly apppreciated!
I did ride a part of Adventure Cycling Association's Southern Tier and their route was great: light traffic, roads with shoulders. Unfortunately Atlanta is not on any of their routes.
I am thinking about riding from Atlanta to Gainesville, FL or Jacksonville, FL within the next couple of weeks.
Any suggestions on the route would be greatly apppreciated!
I did ride a part of Adventure Cycling Association's Southern Tier and their route was great: light traffic, roads with shoulders. Unfortunately Atlanta is not on any of their routes.
Yes, I just found and posted the same link and then saw your message and removed mine 🙂 Yes, that resource is EXCELLENT! I'll be using #15 starting at Intersection with I-20 and I hope to GPS it. By the way, I wonder why there are not so little if any GPS sharing here?
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.rides From: "Mike" <[email hidden]> - Find messages by this author Date: 21 Dec 2005 12:12:17 -0800 Local: Wed, Dec 21 2005 2:12 pm Subject: Re: Atlanta to Florida route Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse
Yes, I just found and posted the same link and then saw your message and removed mine 🙂 Yes, that resource is EXCELLENT! I'll be using #15 starting at Intersection with I-20 and I hope to GPS it. By the way, I wonder why there are so little if any GPS sharing here?
Yes, I just found and posted the same link and then saw your message and removed mine 🙂 Yes, that resource is EXCELLENT! I'll be using #15 starting at Intersection with I-20 and I hope to GPS it. By the way, I wonder why there are so little if any GPS sharing here?
Going from Savannah to Douglasville as part of a longer trip last spring, I took US 80 to GA 92, and then 92 to Douglasville, which worked OK except for getting lost in Fayetteville.
"Mike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I am thinking about riding from Atlanta to Gainesville, FL or Jacksonville, FL within the next couple of weeks.
Any suggestions on the route would be greatly apppreciated!
I did ride a part of Adventure Cycling Association's Southern Tier and their route was great: light traffic, roads with shoulders. Unfortunately Atlanta is not on any of their routes.
"Mike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
there are not so little if any GPS sharing here?
I am for that, However, the GPS are not Standard. I post routes that I do in MapSource on my WebPages. But even MapSource map route differs among their version. I have cues sheet on routes in the Philadelphia PA here http://www.billcotton.com/my_centuries_rides.htm Email me for Mapsource City Select data.
The elevation profiles that you have on your webbpage - are they generated by your GPS or the MapSource software?
I mean, you record your movements with GPS; the MapSource software knows the elevation of every point of your route and it generates the profile and calculates max elevation and climb.
I am asking because my Garmin is not good at measuring elevation and calculating climb.
"Mike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Bill,
The elevation profiles that you have on your webbpage - are they generated by your GPS or the MapSource software?
I mean, you record your movements with GPS; the MapSource software knows the elevation of every point of your route and it generates the profile and calculates max elevation and climb.
I am asking because my Garmin is not good at measuring elevation and calculating climb.
With my eMap gps I could upload the track to Delorme TopoUSA and the earlier elevation gains are from Delorme TopoUSA. Since January of 2005 I use a Garmin Quest 1 gps and it will not work with Delorme Topo. Since the Quest makes a new track log any time the track does not record, the logs are small enough to transfer to a older gps and back to Topo. I did this for also. I made a Microsoft template that extracts positive values of more than 5 feet and total them for elevation gains. I have found the value to be comparable with my reading from Topo. Of course I have read complaints that Topo reading are not accuracy. I want a reference to compare the rides that I do. I find that this works for me. The Template is available for download here http://www.billcotton.com/my_training.htm with instructions for uses.