Att: Pete F..Maverick question

Dean A. Stepper

Guest
Check out Mavericks web site...do you know the story behind
the new retaining clips on the quick releases. Looking to
buy one but now hesitant.have there been problems?

Dean Stepper Laguna Beach

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:54:01 -0800, "Dean A. Stepper"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Check out Mavericks web site...do you know the story behind
>the new retaining clips on the quick releases. Looking to
>buy one but now hesitant.have there been problems?

I can see that happening. Opening that is.

There is a fine line between too loose and just right.
Overtightening is hard.

On the other side of that coin, the axle is knurled and very
hard to remove when the QRs are open.

I'll order the retrofit kit deal but i'm not going to stop
riding. I've pounded the fork through many boulder
fields/rock gardens/drops without a hitch (so far).