Attachments

ALAN OBRIEN

Jan 23, 2004
THIS POST IS MAINLY FOR STEVE AND V02.
I WAS WONDERING IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF ATTACHMENT ALLOWED IN EACH POST. AT THE MOMENT IM TRYING TO POST SOME PICS OF MY BIKE BUT THE ATTACHMENTS ARE 640 X 480, WHICH ARE OBVIOUSLY TOO BIG.
I REALISE THAT THE ATTACHMENT SIZE FOR EACH POST IS 600 X 600, BUT WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF THE ATTACHMENT SIZE WAS INCREASED BY THIS SMALL AMOUNT.
I WOULD DECREASE THE SIZE OF THE PICS MYSELF, BUT I DONT HAVE THE SOFTWARE TO DO SO.

Originally posted by ALAN OBRIEN
THIS POST IS MAINLY FOR STEVE AND V02.
I WAS WONDERING IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF ATTACHMENT ALLOWED IN EACH POST. AT THE MOMENT IM TRYING TO POST SOME PICS OF MY BIKE BUT THE ATTACHMENTS ARE 640 X 480, WHICH ARE OBVIOUSLY TOO BIG.
I REALISE THAT THE ATTACHMENT SIZE FOR EACH POST IS 600 X 600, BUT WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF THE ATTACHMENT SIZE WAS INCREASED BY THIS SMALL AMOUNT.
I WOULD DECREASE THE SIZE OF THE PICS MYSELF, BUT I DONT HAVE THE SOFTWARE TO DO SO.

Not trying to butt in here but...If you are running windows which I assume you are, the associated imaging program will allow you to reduce the size/pixel's of your image.

Good luck,

Z

Alan, you're right, the limitations are annoying, but this site can bog down a bit as is -- folks with slower connections would never get anywhere if things got too big. There's also the question of how much distortion of the frame size you'd want to allow, as no one likes scrolling left and right just to read through a post.

Zapper's right; you don't need Photoshop or some other high-end program to shrink images. Here's a quick poor-man's technique: you can open most images in Microsoft Paint, the bare-bones graphics program which ships with Windows. Right click on the file, select OPEN WITH, and go to Paint.

Once you're there, go to IMAGE, and then STRETCH/SKEW. Drop the % values for horizontal and vertical (evenly, obviously) as desired. Save the file as a JPEG. You can easily take any image to a manageable size in seconds this way. It's not elegant, graceful, or particularly professional, but it works.