Road Cycling · Public discussion

Aubisque not used in TdF since 1985???

Started by Mike Jacoubowsky · · Last activity · 7 posts · 350 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
26 October 2006
Last activity
27 October 2006
Original author
Mike Jacoubowsky
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
350
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. From Cyclingnews.com,
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/?id=/news/2006/oct06/oct26news5

    "The Col d'Aubisque is a mythical 14km, 6.9% climb that was first scaled in
    Le Tour in 1910 and last used 1985, when Irishman Steven Roche won."

    I must be mis-reading something here. I could swear I was on the Aubisque in
    2005 when the TdF came through.

    --Mike Jacoubowsky
    Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReaction.com
    Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

  2. Elsewhere in the article is says that it was 1985 when it was last used for
    a finish. My bad.

    --Mike Jacoubowsky
    Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReaction.com
    Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

    "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    From Cyclingnews.com,
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/?id=/news/2006/oct06/oct26news5

    "The Col d'Aubisque is a mythical 14km, 6.9% climb that was first scaled
    in Le Tour in 1910 and last used 1985, when Irishman Steven Roche won."

    I must be mis-reading something here. I could swear I was on the Aubisque
    in 2005 when the TdF came through.

    --Mike Jacoubowsky
    Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReaction.com
    Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

  3. I think they mean as a stage finish; earlier in the article they wrote:

    "the Tour de France will finish atop the Col d'Aubisque for the first
    time since 1985"

    Mike Jacoubowsky said:

    From Cyclingnews.com,
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/?id=/news/2006/oct06/oct26news5

    "The Col d'Aubisque is a mythical 14km, 6.9% climb that was first scaled in
    Le Tour in 1910 and last used 1985, when Irishman Steven Roche won."

    I must be mis-reading something here. I could swear I was on the Aubisque in
    2005 when the TdF came through.

  4. The Aubisque was last featured in the TdF in 2005.

    Steve
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue


  5. Quoted message said:
    Mike Jacoubowsky said:

    From Cyclingnews.com,
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/?id=/news/2006/oct06/oct26news5

    "The Col d'Aubisque is a mythical 14km, 6.9% climb that was first scaled in
    Le Tour in 1910 and last used 1985, when Irishman Steven Roche won."

    Only a half-stage though.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I must be mis-reading something here. I could swear I was on the Aubisque in
    2005 when the TdF came through.

  6. Yes, cyclingnews.com probably meant to say mountain top finish because
    the west side of the Aubisque was last used in 2005:
    http://www.bicirace.com/race/2005/Tour16.html.

    Steve
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

  7. in 529394 20061027 003207 Geraard Spergen said:

    I think they mean as a stage finish; earlier in the article they wrote:

    "the Tour de France will finish atop the Col d'Aubisque for the first
    time since 1985"

    Mike Jacoubowsky said:

    From Cyclingnews.com,
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/?id=/news/2006/oct06/oct26news5

    "The Col d'Aubisque is a mythical 14km, 6.9% climb that was first scaled in
    Le Tour in 1910 and last used 1985, when Irishman Steven Roche won."

    I must be mis-reading something here. I could swear I was on the Aubisque in
    2005 when the TdF came through.

    How could you when the Aubisque dowsn't exist?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.