Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Australia Day Frolics

Started by cfsmtb · · Last activity · 58 posts · 2,105 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
23 January 2006
Last activity
27 January 2006
Original author
cfsmtb
Posts
58
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,105
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 58
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event for this Australia Day:

    Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
    http://www.pbsfm.org.au/Documents.asp?ID=2261&Title=PBS+Presents%3A+Australia+Day+Music+and+Cycling+Festival+

    Beer, bikes, hot weather....hmmmmm
    http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt
    Thursday: Fine. Min 19 Max 40

    Think the residents of Beer Can Hill shall be partaking in this event, plus possibly hanging around a bunch of ner'do-wells from Shifter Bikes alongside the Yarra. http://shifterbikes.homestead.com

    So, beat hyperthermia, stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluid and talk endless [censored] about bikes. Sounds like a plan, huh?

  2. cfsmtb said:

    The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event for this Australia Day:

    Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
    http://www.pbsfm.org.au/Documents.asp?ID=2261&Title=PBS+Presents%3A+Australia+Day+Music+and+Cycling+Festival+

    Beer, bikes, hot weather....hmmmmm
    http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt
    Thursday: Fine. Min 19 Max 40

    Think the residents of Beer Can Hill shall be partaking in this event, plus possibly hanging around a bunch of ner'do-wells from Shifter Bikes alongside the Yarra. http://shifterbikes.homestead.com

    So, beat hyperthermia, stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluid and talk endless [censored] about bikes. Sounds like a plan, huh?

    I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there, which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all..
    Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle relevance?

  3. On 2006-01-23, coowoowoo (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    cfsmtb said:

    The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event
    for this Australia Day:

    Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
    http://tinyurl.com/9ohqv

    Mmmmm. Leffe Brüne. I wonder what the costs of the BBQ etc are...

    Quoted message said:

    I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where
    the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there,
    which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at
    all..
    Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle
    relevance?

    It said "Cycling giveaways".

    They're giving away a Luna 🙂

    --
    TimC
    Warning: No foo present. Your life may be in grave danger.

  4. TimC said:


    On 2006-01-23, coowoowoo (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    cfsmtb said:

    The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event
    for this Australia Day:

    Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
    http://tinyurl.com/9ohqv

    Mmmmm. Leffe Brüne. I wonder what the costs of the BBQ etc are...

    Quoted message said:

    I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where
    the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there,
    which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at
    all..
    Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle
    relevance?

    It said "Cycling giveaways".

    They're giving away a Luna 🙂

    I AM THERE!

    Tam 😄

  5. coowoowoo said:

    I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there, which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all..
    Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle relevance?

    A quick read of the site reveals *free swag* to be given away. Or maybe it's a big talk session where we all kick back & chatter about bike p0rn & related bling. Or just a marketing ploy. What a novel & unique proposition...never heard of that before.. 😄

    As for "40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all", a fair bit of this activity was going on *after* the AAC. As F*st*rs says: Enjoy Responsibly! 🙂

  6. coowoowoo said:

    ... bikes and beer do not mix at all..

    Bikes and beer don't mix? Especially belgian beer? Damn I'm doing it all wrong then 🙂 If it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't mind a jersey and knicks like this:

    store.velogear.comduloslje.html

    Adam

  7. cfsmtb said:

    The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event for this Australia Day:

    Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
    pbsfm.org.auDocuments.asp

    So, beat hyperthermia, stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluid and talk endless [censored] about bikes. Sounds like a plan, huh?

    Is it envisioned that this will be instead of or in addition to Goatage this week?

  8. SuzieB said:

    Is it envisioned that this will be instead of or in addition to Goatage this week?

    Hadn't thought that far ahead to, um, er, Friday evening. Personal choice if you wish. 🙂

  9. cfsmtb said:

    Hadn't thought that far ahead to, um, er, Friday evening. Personal choice if you wish. 🙂

    Goat would be good. I like Goat. I like beer and I'm NOT ON CALL :-)

  10. EuanB said:

    Goat would be good. I like Goat. I like beer and I'm NOT ON CALL :-)


    Okay dokey, Euan and I shall be Goating it this Friday but most likely not in cycling clothes. Friday 27th Jan @ The Mountain Goat Brewery, Cnr North & Clark Streets, Richmond. We will be there from 6pm. Might see some of you. 😄

  11. cfsmtb said:

    A quick read of the site reveals *free swag* to be given away. Or maybe it's a big talk session where we all kick back & chatter about bike p0rn & related bling. Or just a marketing ploy. What a novel & unique proposition...never heard of that before.. 😄

    As for "40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all", a fair bit of this activity was going on *after* the AAC. As F*st*rs says: Enjoy Responsibly! 🙂

    Okay... Firstly.. giving away a L'una....ooohhh...droooolllllll. I could do with a new "bianchi of love".

    Secondly.. i like beer and bike, but just not on a 40 degree day.. I would be hammered on the smell of it.

    Thirdly... anyone know when the free giveaways may be? Morning, afternoon, evening?

  12. TimC said:

    O
    It said "Cycling giveaways".

    They're giving away a Luna 🙂

    --
    TimC
    Warning: No foo present. Your life may be in grave danger.

    a Luna Tracky perchance! if so I'll buy all the raffle tickets!!
    😄 😄

    Hmm.. Tam is an ex-boxer.. that's not good, is it????

  13. On 2006-01-24, SuzieB (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    cfsmtb said:

    The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event
    for this Australia Day:

    Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
    http://tinyurl.com/9ohqv

    So, beat hyperthermia, stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluid and
    talk endless [censored] about bikes. Sounds like a plan, huh?

    Is it envisioned that this will be instead of or in addition to Goatage
    this week?

    I hope a substitute. I will barely be able to afford BBC alone (but
    have been looking forward to going for a while, so must make it) 🙁

    Oooh! I know! I could just not have a drink and go to both. But
    going to a pub and not having a drink? Wouldn't that require as much
    self control as having snakes in a container on the desk, and not
    eating them? BWUHAHAHA!

    --
    TimC
    pivot_root manpage: BUGS:
    Some of the more obscure uses of pivot_root may quickly lead to insanity.

  14. warrwych said:


    TimC said:

    O
    It said "Cycling giveaways".

    They're giving away a Luna 🙂

    --
    TimC
    Warning: No foo present. Your life may be in grave danger.

    a Luna Tracky perchance! if so I'll buy all the raffle tickets!!
    😄 😄

    Hmm.. Tam is an ex-boxer.. that's not good, is it????

    Aside from that, I throw very good tantrums

    *stamps foot*

    *pouts*

    *cries*

    I WANT A L'UNA!

    (Hasn't worked on Mummy so far unfortunately)

    T

  15. Tamyka Bell said:


    Quoted message said:

    a Luna Tracky perchance! if so I'll buy all the raffle tickets!!
    😄 😄

    Hmm.. Tam is an ex-boxer.. that's not good, is it????

    Aside from that, I throw very good tantrums

    *stamps foot*

    *pouts*

    *cries*

    I WANT A L'UNA!

    (Hasn't worked on Mummy so far unfortunately)

    T

    We can have a a.b tanty duel then! I am tanty queen! 😄

  16. warrwych said:

    We can have a a.b tanty duel then! I am tanty queen! 😄

    Can I be fight referee?

  17. cfsmtb said:

    Can I be fight referee?

    Only if i can be a substitute when one of them goes down. I warn you, i will fight to the death over the L'una.. i have that whole..whatever it takes.. mentality..

  18. coowoowoo said:

    Only if i can be a substitute when one of them goes down. I warn you, i will fight to the death over the L'una.. i have that whole..whatever it takes.. mentality..

    Um, er, you're lucky I don't want a L'una.

    I WANT a Merlin Cielo.

    Now returning briefly to topic, the Aus Day Festival has a $5 cover charge. Thought some of you may want to know that.

  19. On 2006-01-24, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    warrwych said:

    We can have a a.b tanty duel then! I am tanty queen! 😄

    Can I be fight referee?

    I'll fight ya for it!

    --
    TimC
    We don't need no education
    We don't need no thought control
    -- Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

  20. On 2006-01-24, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    coowoowoo said:

    Only if i can be a substitute when one of them goes down. I warn you, i
    will fight to the death over the L'una.. i have that whole..whatever it
    takes.. mentality..

    Um, er, you're lucky I don't want a L'una.

    I WANT a Merlin Cielo.

    Now returning briefly to topic, the Aus Day Festival has a $5 cover
    charge. Thought some of you may want to know that.

    Some of us are indeed grateful for that information.

    Ta.

    --
    TimC
    New!: Sysadmin Barbie! Complete with tiny pager, Leatherman, selection of
    LARTs, and makeup kit for that haven't-slept-in-3-days look. --unknown

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.