"Nick Maclaren" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any reliable references as to how the average
cycling speeds have changed over the past 50-60 years?
Ideally, it would be for UK commuting cyclists, but any reliable
information would be useful. I am NOT interested in racing speeds,
time trials, and so on.
I am not optimistic :-(
Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Goodness knows how "they" amass such information. I find that, at a somewhat
overripe age of 70, the loaded or unloaded average on a days run works out at
a tad under 10 mph.
it used to be a tad over 10 mph but my current Raven Tour is geared down for
towing a camping touring loaded trailer and that means that my top speed, on
my local runs, before my feet spin out is about 22 to 24 mph! Which brings
down my daily "at home" average.
--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk