Axle on a norco hub

Hmmm... Norco as in Kris Holm branded ones? I'm sure you can
remove it, tho whether that is easy or not I don't know. The
Onzas take a bit of 'persuasion' but come out easily enough.
Problem is I don't think you can buy the axle seperately,
may be worth looking for second hand ones? Also ask
unicycle.com. Good luck!

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"It's all in the mind, not the behind" -Mikefule
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Bicycles have a hub and a axle (with bearings between them)

Unicycles have a hub only (with bearings between the hub
and frame)

I have lots of replacement hubs - 30.00 Cdn

You will have to remove all the spokes to get the hub out
and then rebuild the wheel with the nes hub.

Hamilton is just 45 minutes from my shop or I can ship to
you.

Call for more info - 416-729-9696

Darren

--
Darren - Bedford Unicycles
Darren's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3989

one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *So what's the axle type thing that goes through the shell
> of the hub called then? *

its an axle.

it all gts a bit zen here: "there is no hub" the hub
consists of an axle and spoke flanges the axle and the spoke
flanges *are* the hub.

however on a bicycle the hub does noty have unicycle nature.
a bicycle has hubs axles and a bottom bracket and botom
braket axle.

when you hear the sound of one profile breaking then you
know you have dropped off the ten fold gate.

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

Let me give you a little more info...

Most unicycle hubs have a flanged sleeve with a 4 taper
axle welded or fused together. These are not removeable
once together making it a hub. Examples of unicycles
that use these types of hubs are Taiwan unicycles and
Semcycle deluxe.

Another type is Suzue. They use 2 disc flanges welded
directly onto a 4 taper axle making it a hub. No sleeve
between the flanges.

Splined hubs, (like KH, Profile, etc) have a hub with a
keyed, splined shaft (or axle) press fit together. Not
intended to come apart once together but is possible to
remove the shaft. They are still considered a unicycle hub.

Often called a hub and crank set, as they are usually
sold as a complete set including: hub, cranks, bearings
and spacers.

Hope that makes it a little easier to understand,

Darren

By the way, if it is a Norco hub that he bent and twisted,
it is 99% likely a 4 taper Taiwan hub.

--

evilewan wrote:
> *when you hear the sound of one profile breaking then you
> know you have dropped off the ten fold gate. *

That or the bathroom building on the porcupine rim trail
head in moab:(

one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *So unicycles do* have axles then!

Technically most unicycles have spindles, not axles.
Splindles rotate, axles do not rotate. So, ... Most
unicycles have a spindle (the spindle rotates together with
the wheel). Most bicycles have two axles (each axle is fixed
with the wheel rotating around it).

--
duaner - -

duaner.