Bag for commuting

I have only ever used one brand of bags and they are the best if you ask me:) I have four of them and the first one has last 11 years so I can assure they are good here's the site : www.manhattanportage.com
Hope it helps.

if you can spare major dough go for the canadian made pac designs ultimate bag.

pricey but bulletproof...you'll never get another bag. oh, get the x-strap

Might have absolutely no streetcred for this but it works for cycling into uni. I've got a detachable cycling basket that sits on my handlebars, and whilst cycling have my backpack, locks, spare lights some other cycling stuff in the front of my bag. When I get to uni, I put my cycling stuff in it and take it around so can hide my bright yellow cycling coat!

I now have a set of ORTLIEB waterproof classic. Before I had set of bags, which were not waterproof, one night going home in a heavy rain everything in the bags got wet plus my cell phone. The cell phone battery was destroyed With my new Ortlieb everything stay dry. They are costly but worth it in my opinion.

I do a similar distance commute and have found the Carradice SQR type of bag very good. Uses a fixing system that means you only have a small resin block on the seat post when the bag is removed. The bag has an integral metal frame that clips to this block. I've used mine over the past year and even off road it has remained very secure.

http://www.carradice.co.uk/sqr-products.htm

Dan

I'm interested in some panniers for when it gets warmer out, I have a large messenger bag now which I love, but i'm not too crazy about a soaking wet back in the summer months, does anyone have recommendations for some panniers? I already have a luggage rack so if that helps at all...