General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Baking for the Holidays

Started by Wayne Boatwright · · Last activity · 23 posts · 520 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 November 2007
Last activity
3 November 2007
Original author
Wayne Boatwright
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
520
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Oh pshaw, on Fri 02 Nov 2007 09:12:01a, Nancy2 meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    Here's one more that is super-delicious (and rich). It's "Dream Bars"
    from the Sunset Favorite Recipes book. I have to make it every
    Christmas, just because it is there. ;-) If your family and guests
    are like mine, you'll make more than one batch before the holidays are
    over. The bars are almost like candy.

    Dream Bars

    Oh, yes, most definitely! These sound delicious. Thanks again.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    (to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)
    ______________________________________________________________

    It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

  2. Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Thu 01 Nov 2007 12:39:13p, Reg meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Wed 31 Oct 2007 11:38:38p, meant to say...

    > I think you're doing a lot more than most people will do, in spite of
    > your bad back.
    >
    > Please post your Pferrernuesse recipe! I absolutely love them, but
    > I'm intimidated too.
    >

    My pleasure. This is a very old traditional German recipe. It was


    given

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to me by the mother of a highschool friend who was born in Germany.


    Pretty cool, Wayne.

    About the Springerle cookies, where do you get your molds?

    I use a springerle rolling pin, not a flat mold. I've had it for years,
    but it's similar to this one:

    http://www.kitchen-classics.com/springer.htm


    One thing I REALLY want in life is an old springerle rolling
    pin. I have memories of my second mother using one for her
    beloved batches of springerles. I keep looking at antiques
    shops and shows, and sometimes online, and I have not found
    one to my liking.

    --
    Jean B.

  3. Oh pshaw, on Sat 03 Nov 2007 10:36:56a, Jean B. meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Thu 01 Nov 2007 12:39:13p, Reg meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > Oh pshaw, on Wed 31 Oct 2007 11:38:38p, meant to say...
    >
    >> I think you're doing a lot more than most people will do, in spite of
    >> your bad back.
    >>
    >> Please post your Pferrernuesse recipe! I absolutely love them, but
    >> I'm intimidated too.
    >>
    >
    > My pleasure. This is a very old traditional German recipe. It was
    > given to me by the mother of a highschool friend who was born in
    > Germany.
    >
    Pretty cool, Wayne.

    About the Springerle cookies, where do you get your molds?

    I use a springerle rolling pin, not a flat mold. I've had it for years,
    but it's similar to this one:

    http://www.kitchen-classics.com/springer.htm


    One thing I REALLY want in life is an old springerle rolling
    pin. I have memories of my second mother using one for her
    beloved batches of springerles. I keep looking at antiques
    shops and shows, and sometimes online, and I have not found
    one to my liking.

    Oh, for you, I wish I still lived in the little town we left in Ohio 7
    years ago. There was a sprawling but very old antique shop in the area
    that had an uncountable number of very old rolling pins, including a fair
    number of Springerle pins. They were all genuinely old and used, but in
    good shape.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    (to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)
    ______________________________________________________________

    It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.