General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Bare foot Contessa Recipes

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 17 posts · 1,253 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 February 2006
Last activity
19 February 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
17
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,253
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–17 of 17
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. She likes to roast her vegetables.i tried the brussel sprouts and they
    were tasty.Shes my favorite chef on the food Network.What Are your
    Favorite?

  2. Quoted message said:

    She likes to roast her vegetables. i tried the brussel sprouts and they
    were tasty. Shes my favorite chef on the food Network. What Are your
    Favorite?

    I like most of what she makes and I *always* like Michael Chiarello.
    I also like most of what Giada De Laurentiis makes, but I still can't
    watch her pretend to eat.
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  3. "sf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    She likes to roast her vegetables. i tried the brussel sprouts and they
    were tasty. Shes my favorite chef on the food Network. What Are your
    Favorite?

    I like most of what she makes and I *always* like Michael Chiarello.
    I also like most of what Giada De Laurentiis makes, but I still can't
    watch her pretend to eat.
    --


    On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3 times.
    DH confirms this.
    Dee Dee

  4. Dee Randall said:

    On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3 times.
    DH confirms this.

    DH was looking at her "neckline". She's gotten very sly these days.
    I watched a show recently where the uninformed would have concluded
    that she managed to choke it down... but I could tell she was waiting
    for the camera to cut away so she could spit it out. 🙂 LOLOL
    People who have raised children "know" what to look for.
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  5. Dee Randall said:


    On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3 times.
    DH confirms this.

    Giada swallows? What a woman.

  6. Dave Smith said:
    Dee Randall said:


    On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3 times.
    DH confirms this.

    Giada swallows? What a woman.


    LOL.

    (I was thinking something similar)

    :-)

    --
    Rick R
    [email hidden]
    replace default with com to email

  7. "RoR" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:41:39 -0500, Dave Smith

    Quoted message said:

    Dee Randall wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3
    times.
    DH confirms this.

    Giada swallows? What a woman.


    LOL.

    Quoted message said:

    (I was thinking something similar)

    Warning, notice she chews first.

    nancy

  8. "sf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dee Randall said:

    On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3
    times.
    DH confirms this.

    DH was looking at her "neckline". She's gotten very sly these days.
    I watched a show recently where the uninformed would have concluded
    that she managed to choke it down... but I could tell she was waiting
    for the camera to cut away so she could spit it out. 🙂 LOLOL
    People who have raised children "know" what to look for.

    Do you mean looking at her "neckline" where she swallows, or a little lower
    down? heh heh!

    I'm always looking to see if she swallows before the camera cuts away, but
    by golly, I think she did this time -- perhaps it was because it was
    chocolate -- and maybe she didn't spit it out -- just got rid of it some
    other way? I've heard of this kind of good-riddance to food. I hope she
    isn't doing this because she's such a friendly hi-energy gal.
    Dee Dee

  9. Dee Randall said:

    Do you mean looking at her "neckline" where she swallows, or a little lower
    down? heh heh!

    Think about where male eyes wander - especially when the neckline
    plunges as it does on her most of her ensembles. Just do a google
    image search for Giada De Laurentiis to see what I mean.

    🙂
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  10. sf said:

    On 18 Feb 2006 12:31:43 -0800, [email hidden] wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    She likes to roast her vegetables. i tried the brussel sprouts and they
    were tasty. Shes my favorite chef on the food Network. What Are your
    Favorite?

    Quoted message said:

    I like most of what she makes and I *always* like Michael Chiarello.
    I also like most of what Giada De Laurentiis makes, but I still can't
    watch her pretend to eat.

    I like the Barefoot Contessa too, and she gave me my Xmas beef recipe.
    De Laurentiis recently made some great homemade pasta dishes but you're
    right, she weighs 8 ounces and I'm sure doesn't eat any of what she
    makes. She's so tiny her head is too big for her body!

    Stacia

  11. sf said:
    Dee Randall said:

    Do you mean looking at her "neckline" where she swallows, or a little lower
    down? heh heh!

    Think about where male eyes wander - especially when the neckline
    plunges as it does on her most of her ensembles. Just do a google
    image search for Giada De Laurentiis to see what I mean.

    🙂


    I googled her to find out why there were comments about her not eating.
    I couldn't tell which were the most recent pics, but she is definitely
    skinny.

    Then I accidentally also found out what Alton Brown looks like. He looks
    like an incredibly pleasant person to be around.(I had only heard of him
    in this ng). It's amazing how likable some people can be to one, even
    when you know nothing about them.

  12. Giada makes some good dishes to be American LOL
    Having a chef as girlfriend, when i'm the USA, TV is always tuned on Food
    Network.
    At times, Giada makes some true good italian cooking.
    Mostly is Italo-american tho.
    Talking about italian, Mario has some good dishes as well.
    But I cheat sometimes, and switch over Antony Bourdain on travel channel.
    That guy is amazing LOL
    Guido

    --
    __________________________________________
    http://www.yummyfood.net
    Quick and easy international recipes

    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    She likes to roast her vegetables. i tried the brussel sprouts and they
    were tasty. Shes my favorite chef on the food Network. What Are your
    Favorite?

    I like most of what she makes and I *always* like Michael Chiarello.
    I also like most of what Giada De Laurentiis makes, but I still can't
    watch her pretend to eat.
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  13. "Glitter Ninja" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    De Laurentiis recently made some great homemade pasta dishes but you're
    right, she weighs 8 ounces and I'm sure doesn't eat any of what she
    makes. She's so tiny her head is too big for her body!

    Lollipop! Truth is, as tiny as she is, she doesn't look
    to me as if she has an eating disorder. Looks healthy enough
    for me, her arms aren't sticks, etc. However, once you start
    watching, you see they always seem to cut away before she
    actually swallows the food she tries ... doesn't help the
    perception she doesn't actually eat.

    nancy


  14. Quoted message said:

    But I cheat sometimes, and switch over Antony Bourdain on travel
    channel.
    That guy is amazing LOL
    Guido

    Amazing? Like "The Amazing Kreskin." tee hee.
    Dee Dee

  15. jake said:

    I googled her to find out why there were comments about her not eating.

    You *have* to watch her show to understand it fully. She takes a
    bite, makes a big deal about chewing and seems to enjoy the food, but
    the camera cuts away before she actually swallows it. It's good for a
    cheap laugh or two. BTW: She IS a good cook and well worth watching
    for her recipes and expertise.
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  16. sf said:
    jake said:

    I googled her to find out why there were comments about her not eating.

    You *have* to watch her show to understand it fully. She takes a
    bite, makes a big deal about chewing and seems to enjoy the food, but
    the camera cuts away before she actually swallows it. It's good for a
    cheap laugh or two. BTW: She IS a good cook and well worth watching
    for her recipes and expertise.

    Sounds liek an eating disorder, sadly.

  17. guido said:

    Talking about italian, Mario has some good dishes as well.

    If you like watery sauce, maybe.

    Quoted message said:

    But I cheat sometimes, and switch over Antony Bourdain on travel channel.
    That guy is amazing LOL

    Yep. Way too good a personality not to have a cooking show of his own.

    --Blair

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.