Barnett williams Muffler frame plans

corvid

Guest
Could someone here please direct me to a sight on the web which hosts
Barnett williams muffler pipe recumbent plans? I saw them a few years
ago at the University of waterloo site but they don't seem to be there
anymore. I'm looking for the drawing and the build procedure. Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide.

corvid wrote:
> Could someone here please direct me to a sight on the web which hosts
> Barnett williams muffler pipe recumbent plans? I saw them a few years
> ago at the University of waterloo site but they don't seem to be there
> anymore. I'm looking for the drawing and the build procedure. Thanks in
> advance for any help you can provide.

Try recumbents.com or wisil.com.

gotbent wrote:
> corvid wrote:
>
>>Could someone here please direct me to a sight on the web which hosts
>>Barnett williams muffler pipe recumbent plans? I saw them a few years
>>ago at the University of waterloo site but they don't seem to be there
>>anymore. I'm looking for the drawing and the build procedure. Thanks in
>>advance for any help you can provide.

> Try recumbents.com or wisil.com.

or try www.ihpva.org

Ken
--
Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

"Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in
news:D[email protected]:

> gotbent wrote:
>> corvid wrote:
>>
>>>Could someone here please direct me to a sight on the web which hosts
>>>Barnett williams muffler pipe recumbent plans? I saw them a few years
>>>ago at the University of waterloo site but they don't seem to be there
>>>anymore. I'm looking for the drawing and the build procedure. Thanks in
>>>advance for any help you can provide.

>> Try recumbents.com or wisil.com.
>>

> or try www.ihpva.org
>
> Ken

And there are many bent builders in the forum here who have probably seen
or made units from those plans...

http://www.atomiczombie.com

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have already spent some time
searching on the internet including the sources suggested. I'm still
hoping to find a copy of Barnett Wiliam's plans which I haven't seen at
any of these sites. The reason I liked these plans are: SWB, 26/20,
Muffler pipe frame, Scale drawing and clear instructions, FREE. The
free part is really a philosophical wish rather than a requirement. I
like the idea of an internet community of individuals slightly outside
the norm who can build up a body of knowledge to support each other
instead of simply going out and buying the latest fad item. If anyone
has a source for a plan which meets most of these requirements I would
really appreciate hearing about it. Thanks again

On 8 Jun 2006 15:30:24 -0700, "corvid" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Barnett Wiliam's

Good luck in your search. Each link I follow looking for Barnett
Williams' Recumbent Page ends up a 'file not found' page from Waterloo
University. The only thing I see that resembles a quote is:

' The Muffler Frame Recumbent The main tube:
This pipe should be made from 2 inch muffler pipe. The standard wall
thickness is 1.5 mm or 0.60 inch or 16 gauge. This is the desirable
thickness for adequate stiffness. Do not get anything too much thicker
or weight becomes too great.
# posted by Mark @ Tuesday, November 06, 2001'

What sort of configuration is bike?

Mike

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 7 Jun 2006 17:57:12 -0700
corvid <[email protected]> wrote:
> Could someone here please direct me to a sight on the web which hosts
> Barnett williams muffler pipe recumbent plans? I saw them a few years
> ago at the University of waterloo site but they don't seem to be there
> anymore. I'm looking for the drawing and the build procedure. Thanks in
> advance for any help you can provide.

YOu can try the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050320075645re_/www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~bkwillia/

http://web.archive.org/web/20050212174728/www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~bkwillia/muffler.htm

He had autocad files of the plans, but they were zipped, so not in the
wayback machine. Those pages might be enough though.

Zebee

Hi

A few years ago I too was interested in this but never got it off the
ground. I then saw the hhs1 design by a guy in Denmark. Its a 20/20
configuration but I thought it looked great.

Its now finished and in regular use. It looks and rides great. Not exactly
free, it stands me at just under £200 with some decent gear on it but far
cheaper than buying one and the satisfaction is great. My web address is
below, desperately needs updating but its finding time. The next project -
Just in the early stages of a pink one for my daughter!!

later

Gary

--
Visit my websites at
www.justjents.co.uk
"corvid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Could someone here please direct me to a sight on the web which hosts
> Barnett williams muffler pipe recumbent plans? I saw them a few years
> ago at the University of waterloo site but they don't seem to be there
> anymore. I'm looking for the drawing and the build procedure. Thanks in
> advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks for all the replies. This is exactly the information I was
looking for. I'm collecting up the junk bikes now and talking to the
guys at my favorite muffler shop geting ready to put together my very
own bent. I'll post back when it's finished to let you know how it came
out. Thanks again!