Battery Charger

Bob Chambers

Guest
I'm looking at making up a nightstick type battery with sub C size Ni Mh or
Ni Cad. Can someone recommend a smart charger (either circuit or built)
which will charge these safely. (7.2 or 13.2 V) Voltage depends on what
globe/s I decide on.

--
Bob Chambers

"Bob Chambers" wrote:

> I'm looking at making up a nightstick type battery with sub C
> size Ni Mh or Ni Cad. Can someone recommend a smart charger
> (either circuit or built) which will charge these safely. (7.2
> or 13.2 V) Voltage depends on what globe/s I decide on.

The charger/discharger, catalog number ZA0100, from
http://www.oatleyelectronics.com/battery.html works great with
2.1 mAh NiMH AA cells. I wouldn't expect any problem with sub-C
cells.

I've now set up someone else with one as well. We're both using
Cateye HL-1600 5-cell rechargeable headlights, so we use these
chargers with the voltage switch in the middle (6 volt) position.

John

"John Henderson" wrote:

> 2.1 mAh NiMH AA cells

Only 3 orders of magnitude out - better make that 2100 mAh.

John

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/hayles/charge1.html. I built a couple of
these, with the addition of a switch to toggle a resistor so that I can
charge either 6v or 12v. They work fine with bottle batteries and stick
batteries.

Nick

news:[email protected]...