UK and Europe · Public discussion

BBC wants stories

Started by Orienteer · · Last activity · 24 posts · 1,840 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
27 January 2003
Last activity
27 January 2003
Original author
Orienteer
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,840
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–24 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    James Annan said:

    Somehow I think they would much rather hear about a few scare stories rather than the
    overwhelming majority of uneventful trips.

    I'd bet a fiver on it, except I haven't got a fiver because there was duty and VAT due on my
    parcel from the USA this morning.

    Is this why your manifesto includes zero duty and vat on bike bits?

    cheers, clive

  2. Clive George said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'd bet a fiver on it, except I haven't got a fiver because there was duty and VAT due on my
    parcel from the USA this morning.

    Quoted message said:

    Is this why your manifesto includes zero duty and vat on bike bits?

    Heh! I wrote it before the parcel arrived - it's mostly because I can't afford a Bike Friday
    tandem :-)

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. chapmancentral.comchapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    work. Apologies.

  3. Jeremy Parker said:

    I suppose that it will cost about as much to scrub off all the bike lane paint as it did to put it
    down in the first place, but it will be worth every penny.

    It won't cost that much , they will wear away and there won't be a budget to replace them.

    --
    Marc T Shirts, Sweatshirts, polo shirts, banners, signs,decals, stickers etc for clubs and
    associations of all types jaceeprint.demon.co.ukjaceeprint.demon.co.uk

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I suppose that it will cost about as much to scrub off all the bike lane paint as it did to put
    it down in the first place, but it will be worth every penny.

    It won't cost that much , they will wear away and there won't be a budget to replace them.


    I regret it doesn't work that way. I've seen the situation in the USA where bike alnes were
    invented, and have been around longer. It takes about twenty years for the lane to vanish.

    The coloured paint does fade more quickly, though, and usually people forget to reinstall a bike
    lane if the road is resurfaced.

    Jeremy Parker

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.