BCFC by Bike

Simon Mason

Guest
This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol City
game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few weeks ago
and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the Fosse Way in snow
(I did it in June and it was tough then) only to see the game called off. Our own John Mallard is
pictured in his Hartlepool trek.

If he has cycled to Sheffield today from Bristol into a 20 mph N wind in a football shirt then he
deserves whatever money he's raising for breast cancer. Good luck to the guy and I've pledged him
some cash for his efforts. http://www.bcfcbybike.com/

Simon Mason wrote:
> This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol City
> game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few weeks ago
> and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the Fosse Way in
> snow (I did it in June and it was tough then) only

Yes, I mentioned your trip to him. I was wondering weather any of your stashed suply drops were
still hidden anywhere on the route.

> to see the game called off. Our own John Mallard is pictured in his Hartlepool trek.

Damn! I was hopping to keep that quiet. There appears to be a picture of a really OLD bloke
masquading as me. ;-)

> If he has cycled to Sheffield today from Bristol into a 20 mph N wind in a football shirt then he
> deserves whatever money he's raising for breast cancer. Good luck to the guy and I've pledged him
> some cash for his efforts. http://www.bcfcbybike.com/

Good man Simon.

--
Cheerful Peddling John Mallard

"John Mallard" <not_me@all> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Simon Mason wrote:
> > This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol
> > City game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few
> > weeks ago and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the
> > Fosse Way in snow (I did it in June and it was tough then) only
>
> Yes, I mentioned your trip to him. I was wondering weather any of your stashed suply drops were
> still hidden anywhere on the route.

No - I collected them all by car when I drove down there to go on a training course in Malvern. You
don't think a Yorkshireman would go around leaving free food all over the country, do you ;-)

> > to see the game called off. Our own John Mallard is pictured in his Hartlepool trek.
>
> Damn! I was hoping to keep that quiet. There appears to be a picture of
> really OLD bloke masquading as me. ;-)

Sorry, but you look lean and fit to me. Remember that Lord Falconer geezer is 10 years younger than
you and you wouldn't want to swap place with him!

I just told him his lucky shirt seemed to be doing the trick; his team had just won 11 games on the
trot before today. That put the mockers on it, they lost to Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 to a 90th minute
goal. At least he's got a backwind home :)

Simon Mason wrote:
> This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol City
> game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few weeks ago
> and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the Fosse Way in
> snow (I did it in June and it was tough then) only to see the game called off. Our own John
> Mallard is pictured in his Hartlepool trek.
>
> If he has cycled to Sheffield today from Bristol into a 20 mph N wind in a football shirt then he
> deserves whatever money he's raising for breast cancer. Good luck to the guy and I've pledged him
> some cash for his efforts. http://www.bcfcbybike.com/

I liked this quote from his site "what kind of nutter cycles all that way to watch Hartlepool United
play? " I have actually done this, not as far as this guy, I cycled from Reading to Aldershot & back
for the Mighty Pool.