BCFC by Bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol City
    game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few weeks ago
    and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the Fosse Way in snow
    (I did it in June and it was tough then) only to see the game called off. Our own John Mallard is
    pictured in his Hartlepool trek.

    If he has cycled to Sheffield today from Bristol into a 20 mph N wind in a football shirt then he
    deserves whatever money he's raising for breast cancer. Good luck to the guy and I've pledged him
    some cash for his efforts. http://www.bcfcbybike.com/

  2. John Mallard

    John Mallard Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol City
    > game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few weeks ago
    > and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the Fosse Way in
    > snow (I did it in June and it was tough then) only

    Yes, I mentioned your trip to him. I was wondering weather any of your stashed suply drops were
    still hidden anywhere on the route.

    > to see the game called off. Our own John Mallard is pictured in his Hartlepool trek.

    Damn! I was hopping to keep that quiet. There appears to be a picture of a really OLD bloke
    masquading as me. ;-)

    > If he has cycled to Sheffield today from Bristol into a 20 mph N wind in a football shirt then he
    > deserves whatever money he's raising for breast cancer. Good luck to the guy and I've pledged him
    > some cash for his efforts. http://www.bcfcbybike.com/

    Good man Simon.

    --
    Cheerful Peddling John Mallard

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "John Mallard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simon Mason wrote:
    > > This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol
    > > City game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few
    > > weeks ago and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the
    > > Fosse Way in snow (I did it in June and it was tough then) only
    >
    > Yes, I mentioned your trip to him. I was wondering weather any of your stashed suply drops were
    > still hidden anywhere on the route.

    No - I collected them all by car when I drove down there to go on a training course in Malvern. You
    don't think a Yorkshireman would go around leaving free food all over the country, do you ;-)

    > > to see the game called off. Our own John Mallard is pictured in his Hartlepool trek.
    >
    > Damn! I was hoping to keep that quiet. There appears to be a picture of
    > really OLD bloke masquading as me. ;-)

    Sorry, but you look lean and fit to me. Remember that Lord Falconer geezer is 10 years younger than
    you and you wouldn't want to swap place with him!

    I just told him his lucky shirt seemed to be doing the trick; his team had just won 11 games on the
    trot before today. That put the mockers on it, they lost to Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 to a 90th minute
    goal. At least he's got a backwind home :)

  4. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > This guy has been mentioned once before on here last year, but he is cycling to every Bristol City
    > game by bike this season. I heard about him when he cycled all the way to Grimsby a few weeks ago
    > and was interviewed on Radio Humberside. The poor sod had travelled all along the Fosse Way in
    > snow (I did it in June and it was tough then) only to see the game called off. Our own John
    > Mallard is pictured in his Hartlepool trek.
    >
    > If he has cycled to Sheffield today from Bristol into a 20 mph N wind in a football shirt then he
    > deserves whatever money he's raising for breast cancer. Good luck to the guy and I've pledged him
    > some cash for his efforts. http://www.bcfcbybike.com/

    I liked this quote from his site "what kind of nutter cycles all that way to watch Hartlepool United
    play? " I have actually done this, not as far as this guy, I cycled from Reading to Aldershot & back
    for the Mighty Pool.