General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Beef Jerky Reviews Anyone?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 15 posts · 228 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 October 2007
Last activity
4 November 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
228
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have my own personal favorites, Damn Good Jerky and Robertson's, but
    I would love to know what other types of beef jerky people out there
    consume and enjoy on a regular basis.

    I would love to include your review on my website http://www.1beefjerky.com

    For me homemade Beef jerky is far more flavorful then the processed
    stuff available at most gas stations.

  2. Quoted message said:


    I have my own personal favorites, Damn Good Jerky and Robertson's, but
    I would love to know what other types of beef jerky people out there
    consume and enjoy on a regular basis.

    Also - Which commercial ones add the least carbs.

    Quoted message said:

    I would love to include your review on my website http://www.spamspamspam.com

    I'm sure you would love that but on UseNet posted are to go to UseNet
    or by e-mail to the poster for later summary.

    Quoted message said:

    For me homemade Beef jerky is far more flavorful then the processed
    stuff available at most gas stations.

    And free of carbs because homemade doesn't need to have any sugar.
    Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    haven't tried that.

  3. "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    haven't tried that.

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican. I like the
    fact that it has a long shelf life, and no cooking is required after it is
    done. It's handy for me to keep some at work for those times that I don't
    have access to other food. I also eat it at home when there are no left
    overs, or I'm too lazy to prepare something low carb. It's great for hiking
    as well. Winter is the best time for me to make it, as there is more time
    available.
    A few weeks ago the last of my pemmican was eaten up. Since I started
    dehydrating some meat for a new batch, I felt like eating some pemmican. I
    was going to add olive or coconut oil to the meat, and then thought; "What
    about butter?" I tried it with a little bit of pepper, worcestershire and
    green onions, and it tasted great. So, at work right now I have some dried
    meat and a jar of homemade ghee ( clarified butter ), to tide me over until
    my pemmican gets finished.

  4. On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 02:26:27 GMT, "Tom G." <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    haven't tried that.

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican.

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/225/135

  5. BlueBrooke .@. said:
    Tom G. said:

    "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    haven't tried that.

    Quoted message said:

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican.

    I've read that the level of dehydration needed to powder beef into
    pemmican is much drier than what's needed for jerky.

    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

  6. BlueBrooke .@. said:
    Tom G. said:

    "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    haven't tried that.

    Quoted message said:

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican.

    I've read that the level of dehydration needed to powder beef into
    pemmican is much drier than what's needed for jerky.

    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

  7. BlueBrooke .@. said:
    Tom G. said:

    "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    haven't tried that.

    Quoted message said:

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican.

    I've read that the level of dehydration needed to powder beef into
    pemmican is much drier than what's needed for jerky.

    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

  8. BlueBrooke .@. said:
    Tom G. said:

    "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    haven't tried that.

    Quoted message said:

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican.

    I've read that the level of dehydration needed to powder beef into
    pemmican is much drier than what's needed for jerky.

    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

  9. Doug Freyburger said:

    BlueBrooke <.@.> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

    LOL! Thanks for trying, but that's not it. Must have been my
    substandard elementary school education. ;-)

    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/225/135

  10. Doug Freyburger said:

    BlueBrooke <.@.> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

    LOL! Thanks for trying, but that's not it. Must have been my
    substandard elementary school education. ;-)

    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/225/135

  11. Doug Freyburger said:

    BlueBrooke <.@.> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

    LOL! Thanks for trying, but that's not it. Must have been my
    substandard elementary school education. ;-)

    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/225/135

  12. Doug Freyburger said:

    BlueBrooke <.@.> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

    LOL! Thanks for trying, but that's not it. Must have been my
    substandard elementary school education. ;-)

    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/225/135

  13. BlueBrooke .@. said:
    Tom G. said:

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican.

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    I shop at enough ethnic specialty stores that dried seafood is
    something I see often. I wonder if it would work to use dried
    shrimp or fish. Probably yuck.

  14. This is the best beef jerky I have ever tasted:

    http://elburnmarket.com/ he will ship it to you where ever you are.
    He has several different varieties, and really, they're all good, but
    his Midwestern Style is the classic. You'll definitely want to try
    it.

    This is better than homemade, because he has all the equipment to make
    a consistent delicious product every time. He takes all his products
    on the road to meat shows several times a year and has won awards all
    over the country. Try his jerky, but also his ham and brats and even
    just plain old hotdogs (ask for roasties) are outstanding.

    RebeccaJ

    Quoted message said:

    I have my own personal favorites, Damn Good Jerky and Robertson's, but
    I would love to know what other types of beef jerky people out there
    consume and enjoy on a regular basis.

    I would love to include your review on my websitehttp://www.1beefjerky.com

    For me homemade Beef jerky is far more flavorful then the processed
    stuff available at most gas stations.

  15. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Doug Freyburger said:
    BlueBrooke .@. said:
    Tom G. said:

    "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > Every so often someone tries to make homemade pemmican. I still
    > haven't tried that.

    Quoted message said:

    I am in the process of dehydrating more beef to make pemmican.

    I've read that the level of dehydration needed to powder beef into
    pemmican is much drier than what's needed for jerky.

    Quoted message said:

    Where did I get the idea that pemmican was dried fish?

    Pemmican sounds like pelican ;^) Pelicans in flight including at
    the surface of the water scooping fish into their mouths, beautiful
    birds. Pelicans on the ground walking, ungainly uncoordinated
    critters.

    A wonderful bird is the pelican
    His beak can hold more than his belly can
    He can hold in his beak,
    Enough food for a week.
    I wonder how in the hell he can.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.