General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Beginner Fitness Advice, Please!

Started by Brad · · Last activity · 6 posts · 417 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 November 2005
Last activity
13 November 2005
Original author
Brad
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
417
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I sit behind a computer all day, and my eating habits are the typical
    American junk food diet. I need help!

    I'm looking for a good computer-based training program and found the
    following description on the Net:

    "Bodysmith's CD-ROM Based Fitness and Weight Training Course While many
    people start exercising
    without learning much about how it all works, reaching your goal is much
    easier when you have a basic
    understanding of your body. Bodysmith's Fitness & Weight Training
    Courses, offered on CD-ROM, are
    a great resource for newbie exercisers and even for people interested in
    getting certified as a personal trainer.
    The course itself is interactive and divided into modules--an
    introduction about fitness & exercise, a section on
    choosing where to exercise, a chapter on designing a program, a chapter
    providing examples of exercise programs
    (with video clips of each exercise) and chapters that cover weight
    training basics, diet information and motivation.
    Each module concludes with fun little quizzes that test your knowledge
    and show you how much you've learned.
    While this type of instructional CD-ROM is targeted to fitness
    organizations and their students, it's also an excellent
    resource for anyone who loves to learn and wants to enhance their
    programs with a deeper understanding of muscles,
    movements and exercises."

    My body reminds me daily how old and out of shape I am. This sounds perfect
    for me. I want to learn about fitness, health, exercise, and nutrition.
    However, I can't find this CD anywhere! Their Web site is even defunct.
    Can someone recommend a similar resource?

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Brad said:

    My body reminds me daily how old and out of shape I am. This sounds perfect
    for me. I want to learn about fitness, health, exercise, and nutrition.
    However, I can't find this CD anywhere! Their Web site is even defunct.
    Can someone recommend a similar resource?

    You don't need a CD...
    Just go here:

    http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

    Ignore the fact that it's aimed at women.
    The principles are all the same!

    Good luck!
    It's amazing what just 12 weeks will do for you if you are persistant!

    Om -> Another oldie that was falling apart... ;-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  3. Thanks for the response. I'm checking it out at this moment. It's a great
    starter!

    Thanks again!

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Brad said:

    My body reminds me daily how old and out of shape I am. This sounds
    perfect
    for me. I want to learn about fitness, health, exercise, and nutrition.
    However, I can't find this CD anywhere! Their Web site is even defunct.
    Can someone recommend a similar resource?

    You don't need a CD...
    Just go here:

    http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

    Ignore the fact that it's aimed at women.
    The principles are all the same!

    Good luck!
    It's amazing what just 12 weeks will do for you if you are persistant!

    Om -> Another oldie that was falling apart... ;-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack
    Nicholson

  4. Brad said:

    I sit behind a computer all day, and my eating habits are the typical
    American junk food diet. I need help!

    I'm looking for a good computer-based training program and found the
    following description on the Net:

    "Bodysmith's CD-ROM Based Fitness and Weight Training Course While many
    people start exercising
    without learning much about how it all works, reaching your goal is much
    easier when you have a basic
    understanding of your body. Bodysmith's Fitness & Weight Training
    Courses, offered on CD-ROM, are
    a great resource for newbie exercisers and even for people interested in
    getting certified as a personal trainer.
    The course itself is interactive and divided into modules--an
    introduction about fitness & exercise, a section on
    choosing where to exercise, a chapter on designing a program, a chapter
    providing examples of exercise programs
    (with video clips of each exercise) and chapters that cover weight
    training basics, diet information and motivation.
    Each module concludes with fun little quizzes that test your knowledge
    and show you how much you've learned.
    While this type of instructional CD-ROM is targeted to fitness
    organizations and their students, it's also an excellent
    resource for anyone who loves to learn and wants to enhance their
    programs with a deeper understanding of muscles,
    movements and exercises."

    My body reminds me daily how old and out of shape I am. This sounds perfect
    for me. I want to learn about fitness, health, exercise, and nutrition.
    However, I can't find this CD anywhere! Their Web site is even defunct.
    Can someone recommend a similar resource?


    www.stumptuous.com/weights

  5. Brad said:

    I sit behind a computer all day, and my eating habits are the typical
    American junk food diet. I need help!

    I'm looking for a good computer-based training program and found the
    following description on the Net:

    "Bodysmith's CD-ROM Based Fitness and Weight Training Course While many
    people start exercising
    without learning much about how it all works, reaching your goal is much
    easier when you have a basic
    understanding of your body. Bodysmith's Fitness & Weight Training
    Courses, offered on CD-ROM, are
    a great resource for newbie exercisers and even for people interested in
    getting certified as a personal trainer.
    The course itself is interactive and divided into modules--an
    introduction about fitness & exercise, a section on
    choosing where to exercise, a chapter on designing a program, a chapter
    providing examples of exercise programs
    (with video clips of each exercise) and chapters that cover weight
    training basics, diet information and motivation.
    Each module concludes with fun little quizzes that test your knowledge
    and show you how much you've learned.
    While this type of instructional CD-ROM is targeted to fitness
    organizations and their students, it's also an excellent
    resource for anyone who loves to learn and wants to enhance their
    programs with a deeper understanding of muscles,
    movements and exercises."

    My body reminds me daily how old and out of shape I am. This sounds
    perfect for me. I want to learn about fitness, health, exercise,
    and nutrition. However, I can't find this CD anywhere! Their Web
    site is even defunct. Can someone recommend a similar resource?

    stumptuous.com is great, but I would strongly recommend you take a
    look at http://www.danjohn.org as well. He has a free ebook that's
    excellent, and his workouts require very little in the way of
    equipment.

    Jason

  6. Jason Earl said:
    Brad said:

    I sit behind a computer all day, and my eating habits are the typical
    American junk food diet. I need help!

    I'm looking for a good computer-based training program and found the
    following description on the Net:

    "Bodysmith's CD-ROM Based Fitness and Weight Training Course While many
    people start exercising
    without learning much about how it all works, reaching your goal is much
    easier when you have a basic
    understanding of your body. Bodysmith's Fitness & Weight Training
    Courses, offered on CD-ROM, are
    a great resource for newbie exercisers and even for people interested in
    getting certified as a personal trainer.
    The course itself is interactive and divided into modules--an
    introduction about fitness & exercise, a section on
    choosing where to exercise, a chapter on designing a program, a chapter
    providing examples of exercise programs
    (with video clips of each exercise) and chapters that cover weight
    training basics, diet information and motivation.
    Each module concludes with fun little quizzes that test your knowledge
    and show you how much you've learned.
    While this type of instructional CD-ROM is targeted to fitness
    organizations and their students, it's also an excellent
    resource for anyone who loves to learn and wants to enhance their
    programs with a deeper understanding of muscles,
    movements and exercises."

    My body reminds me daily how old and out of shape I am. This sounds
    perfect for me. I want to learn about fitness, health, exercise,
    and nutrition. However, I can't find this CD anywhere! Their Web
    site is even defunct. Can someone recommend a similar resource?

    stumptuous.com is great, but I would strongly recommend you take a
    look at http://www.danjohn.org as well. He has a free ebook that's
    excellent, and his workouts require very little in the way of
    equipment.

    Jason

    Seconded; try Tabata front squats to get in shape, buwahahaha....

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.