UK and Europe · Public discussion

Behold, I live and breathe

Started by Not Responding · · Last activity · 26 posts · 783 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
30 October 2005
Last activity
15 November 2005
Original author
Not Responding
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
783
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
    the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on
    the third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
    returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was entered.

    Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change the
    subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of year.

  2. Not Responding said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
    the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on
    the third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under
    the sink.

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off
    since returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode
    was entered.

    Let's hope she never sees urc (or the Google archive of same) then.
    --
    This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
    hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words
    may be used this is due to my limitations with the English language .

  3. "Not Responding" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about the
    children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on the
    third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
    returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was entered.

    Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change the
    subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of year.

    Just don't spill the wine, especially if it's red!

    John

  4. "Not Responding" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about the
    children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on the
    third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Hang on in there fella. Keep schtumb. No names, no pack drill.

    --
    Simon Mason
    http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

  5. Not Responding said:

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
    and should not be withheld.

    --
    not me guv

  6. John said:

    "Not Responding" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about the
    children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on the
    third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
    returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was entered.

    Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change the
    subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of year.

    Just don't spill the wine, especially if it's red!

    that's easy; a bottle of white (easy but heartbreaking; white wine
    vinegar will suffice)

  7. "Nick Kew" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Not Responding said:

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
    and should not be withheld.

    Objection, your honour.
    The defendant has the right to remain silent!

  8. In article <[email hidden]>, John

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket
    off since returning. The Mark was spotted and full
    decontamination mode was entered.

    Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and
    change the subject by talking about how warm the weather is for
    the time of year.

    Quoted message said:

    Just don't spill the wine, especially if it's red!

    Spill it in the right place and you are home and dry - let her spill
    it in the right place and you have won the grandfather clock!

    --
    T h e - e x t e n d e r ! ! ! !


  9. Quoted message said:

    Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
    and should not be withheld.


    I agree...if your wife is attempting to remove a 'muddy' stain instead of an
    oily stain, she might be making the problem worse through using
    inappropriate cleaning materials. I have had to confess to similar
    misdemeanours in the past to prevent a temporary minor stain becoming a
    permanent major stain.

    It is always easier to beg forgiveness than to seek permission (to fix oily
    dirty things in the living room). It got me a shed, it might get you a
    slapping ;-)

  10. "vernon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    It got me a shed, it
    might get you a slapping ;-)

    9.95/10 🙂

    Tim
    --
    Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk
    'God's electrician sparked up the heavens once again, heading northbound
    on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea Gilmore
    Look, mum, an anorak on a bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org

  11. "Simon Mason" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Nick Kew" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Not Responding said:

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
    and should not be withheld.

    Objection, your honour.
    The defendant has the right to remain silent!


    Except when dealing with a wife when silence is often interpreted as an
    indicator of guilt, denial is an indicator of guilt and confession is
    frowned upon as it denies aforementioned partner the satisfaction of seeing
    one squirm and engineer excuses, explanations and distractions.

  12. Simon Mason said:

    "Nick Kew" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Not Responding said:

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.


    Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
    and should not be withheld.

    Objection, your honour.
    The defendant has the right to remain silent!

    He can always ask if the children might have trodden in some oil on the
    drive/road to maintain the pretence but impart the information.

    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."
    Sir Walter "got off" Scott "free"

    --
    Tony

    "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't"
    Anon

  13. soup said:
    Quoted message said:

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
    returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was
    entered.

    Let's hope she never sees urc (or the Google archive of same) then.


    Indeed. For all or sakes - we are guilty by association.

  14. On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:24:57 +0000, Tony Raven <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Simon Mason said:

    "Nick Kew" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Not Responding wrote:

    > I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    > she'll Know.
    Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
    and should not be withheld.

    Objection, your honour.
    The defendant has the right to remain silent!

    He can always ask if the children might have trodden in some oil on the
    drive/road to maintain the pretence but impart the information.

    How do you suppose the child got to the middle of the living room
    before putting their foot down, eh? Are you aware of anything that
    you haven't told me?

    Best to say nothing. What's a ruined carpet when there's a chance
    that your favourite bike will end up in the skip?

  15. Not Responding said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
    the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on
    the third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

    Flipping 'eck, she's had *three* bottles of *cleaning fluid*??? She
    must be *really* [censored]. Well, I would be, you ever *tasted* the stuff
    in them??

    Don't sleep tonight. Stay awake, stay vigilant. Lock the doors.

    --
    Nobby

  16. Not Responding said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
    the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet.

    Sir, you are a coward.

    Well done.

  17. Not Responding said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
    the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on
    the third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the
    sink.

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
    returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was entered.

    Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change the
    subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of year.

    If you are the author of said spot, then why in hell is your _wife_
    cleaning it up?

    EFR
    Ile de France

  18. Quoted message said:

    If you are the author of said spot, then why in hell is your _wife_
    cleaning it up?

    You're not possibly suggesting he make his mistress clean it up?

  19. Mark Thompson said:
    Quoted message said:

    If you are the author of said spot, then why in hell is your _wife_
    cleaning it up?

    You're not possibly suggesting he make his mistress clean it up?

    That reminds me, where's Helen got to? ;-)

    (ducks for cover)

    --
    Tony

    "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

  20. Elisa Francesca Roselli said:
    Not Responding said:

    and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
    the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on
    the third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the
    sink.

    I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
    she'll Know.

    Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off
    since returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode
    was entered.

    Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change
    the subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of
    year.

    If you are the author of said spot, then why in hell is your _wife_
    cleaning it up?

    Er, because she chooses to?

    Or, because she knows how?

    Or, because I applied low cunning and avoided the chore?

    Or, is this going to become a discussion about Feminism and the Role of
    Women? I never was very good at those.

    Fortunately, the answer is (c) Low Cunning. As this thread and the
    anticeding thread relate.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.