"Dave Larrington" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
The offucts have been used to fabricate...
*******
Typo or Larringtonism? :-)
Tpyo...
--
Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/ World Domination? Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)
Other responses are to ignore it completely (possibly due to deafness), get upset that a mere cyclists dares to ring their bell or behave like Corporal Jones (this last one is very rare).
I don't have much problem with pedestrians but find a polite and cheery hello from a way back repeated with other greetings or 'bike coming past on your right' etc to be more effective.I have had many people leap 3feet in the air and stagger sideways at the sound of a bell or no response at all.I do fit one for cycling through London or along a ncn trail at the weekend so that I can make lots of frequent noises, and people perhaps understand the meaning of the sound better.They still fall about and glower at times though. TerryJ