UK and Europe · Public discussion

Berlingo Bike Carrier

Started by Mrs Berlingo · · Last activity · 6 posts · 2,361 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
24 July 2003
Last activity
30 July 2003
Original author
Mrs Berlingo
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,361
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Can anyone recommend a rear carrier for 3 bikes for my berlingo. I've looked but they all seem to
    attach to the flimsey bumper bit at the bottom and I'm frightened that with my super human strength
    I'd tighten the straps too much and end up with a poorly car. Thanks.

  2. Can I suggest you take a look at the tow-bar bike carriers. This does of course mean fitting a
    towbar but there are carriers available that fold back out of the way of the boot. I think the
    Berlingo has a large top-hinged tailgate which would get in the way of conventional bike carriers.
    Sorry can't remember the name but google should find them

    --
    "Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates "If more of us valued food and cheer and song
    above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" JRR Toliken, The Hobbit "mrs Berlingo"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can anyone recommend a rear carrier for 3 bikes for my berlingo. I've looked but they all seem to
    attach to the flimsey bumper bit at the bottom and I'm frightened that with my super human
    strength I'd tighten the straps too much and end up with a poorly car. Thanks.

  3. Here's a link that might help

    car-roofracks.co.uktowbar cycle bike racks.htm

    --
    "Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates "If more of us valued food and cheer and song
    above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" JRR Toliken, The Hobbit "mrs Berlingo"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can anyone recommend a rear carrier for 3 bikes for my berlingo. I've looked but they all seem to
    attach to the flimsey bumper bit at the bottom and I'm frightened that with my super human
    strength I'd tighten the straps too much and end up with a poorly car. Thanks.

  4. [email hidden] (mrs Berlingo) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Can anyone recommend a rear carrier for 3 bikes for my berlingo. I've looked but they all seem to
    attach to the flimsey bumper bit at the bottom and I'm frightened that with my super human
    strength I'd tighten the straps too much and end up with a poorly car. Thanks.

    Not really - the flat back of the Berlingo means that any rear carriers with straps will need to sit
    on the bumper. Have you got / thought about installing a tow bar? You could then use a pendle rack.
    I presume that the height of the berlingo means that a roof carrier isn't an option...

    Al

  5. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (mrs Berlingo) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Can anyone recommend a rear carrier for 3 bikes for my berlingo. I've looked but they all seem
    to attach to the flimsey bumper bit at the bottom and I'm frightened that with my super human
    strength I'd tighten the straps too much and end up with a poorly car. Thanks.

    Not really - the flat back of the Berlingo means that any rear carriers with straps will need to
    sit on the bumper. Have you got / thought about installing a tow bar? You could then use a pendle
    rack. I presume that the height of the berlingo means that a roof carrier isn't an option...

    I would have thought it was an option since one of the Berlingo options is for roofbars designed to
    turn so that bikes can be got on and off more easily.

    Colin

  6. the main problem with a roof carrier is more to do with the height of Mrs Berlingo than the height
    of the berlingo itself! However maybe its one of the only options. I've just returned from a ferry
    trip (Holyhead/dublin) and noticed only one berlingo at either port with bikes attached to a tow bar
    carrier thing. Thanks for any advice though.

    [email hidden] (Al) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (mrs Berlingo) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Can anyone recommend a rear carrier for 3 bikes for my berlingo. I've looked but they all seem
    to attach to the flimsey bumper bit at the bottom and I'm frightened that with my super human
    strength I'd tighten the straps too much and end up with a poorly car. Thanks.

    Not really - the flat back of the Berlingo means that any rear carriers with straps will need to
    sit on the bumper. Have you got / thought about installing a tow bar? You could then use a pendle
    rack. I presume that the height of the berlingo means that a roof carrier isn't an option...

    Al

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.