Best Handlebar with Ergopower Levers

tom.gos

Jun 10, 2007
I'm going to convert from Shimano to Campy and will also be buying a new bar. I want a bar the provides a nice smooth transition from the bar to the Ergopower hoods. Preferably a nice flat transition without having to set the levers up unusually high. I'm thinking of getting an FSA K Force as they advertise that their bend is intended to create such a transition, but I am wondering what other people have found to work well. Thanks.

tom.gos said:
I'm going to convert from Shimano to Campy and will also be buying a new bar. I want a bar the provides a nice smooth transition from the bar to the Ergopower hoods. Preferably a nice flat transition without having to set the levers up unusually high. I'm thinking of getting an FSA K Force as they advertise that their bend is intended to create such a transition, but I am wondering what other people have found to work well. Thanks.
Actually most bars will make a nice flat transition to Campy ERGOs depending on how you mount them. I have a Deda Piega bar than goes very nicely into the ERGO.

tom.gos said:
I have ergopower shifters attached a FSA Energy bar and the combination is great.

I first set up the handlebar angle according to the installation specs that came with the bar (the lower part of the bar is set to a specific angle). Then I attached the shifters, again according to the specs (the distance between the bottom tip of the brake lever and the lowest part of the bar is specified). The resulting setup is just perfect: the hoods are almost horizontal and the transition from the bar to the hoods is very smooth.