best international mail order firm??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David Bailey, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Bailey

David Bailey Guest

Need to purchase a 12-32 8 speed XTR cassette as they are no longer available in Australia, can
    anyone suggest a reliable mail order company that can do international orders. Have heard heaps of
    horror stories of goods sent incorrectly etc. and don't want to blow good money.

Thanks

Tags:

2. Simon

Simon Guest

"David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Need to purchase a 12-32 8 speed XTR cassette as they are no longer available in Australia, can
    | anyone suggest a reliable mail order company that can do international orders. Have heard heaps of
    | horror stories of goods sent incorrectly etc. and don't want to blow good money.
    |
    | Thanks
    |

I cant recommend a company but I will say this:

Use a well known major credit card to buy the goods online. That way if you are sent something wrong
    or damaged your credit card company will help you rectify the issue.

Simon

3. Catfish

Catfish Guest

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:21:45 +1100, "David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Need to purchase a 12-32 8 speed XTR cassette as they are no longer available in Australia, can
    >anyone suggest a reliable mail order company that can do international orders. Have heard heaps of
    >horror stories of goods sent incorrectly etc. and don't want to blow good money.
    >
    >Thanks
    >

Pricepoint has those for a good price:

http://pricepoint.com/product36.html

Not sure how they do on international orders, but everything I've ordered from them (quite a bit,
    actually) was delivered correctly and quickly, here in the USA.

Cheers, Catfish

4. Per LöWdin

Per LöWdin Guest

I have good experience of Speedgoat add wwws and CBO. Avoid supergo.

Per

http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB.html

"David Bailey" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
    > Need to purchase a 12-32 8 speed XTR cassette as they are no longer available in Australia, can
    > anyone suggest a reliable mail order company that can do international orders. Have heard heaps of
    > horror stories of goods sent incorrectly etc. and don't want to blow good money.
    >
    > Thanks

5. Watimena

Watimena Guest

David,

You can get what you need in Australia, try www.phantomcycles.com.au

or call 1300 36 BIKE

8 spd XTR cassette, 12-32 for 140 bux Australian.

They are pretty good, I bought bought a frame and numerous other bits from them.

Jeremy

"David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Need to purchase a 12-32 8 speed XTR cassette as they are no longer available in Australia, can
    > anyone suggest a reliable mail order company that can do international orders. Have heard heaps of
    > horror stories of goods sent incorrectly etc. and don't want to blow good money.
    >
    > Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.