General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Best lift for glutes

Started by Brooke · · Last activity · 11 posts · 535 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 May 2005
Last activity
3 June 2005
Original author
Brooke
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
535
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What lift is best to increase the size of your glutes? Is it squat, hack,
    deadlift, leg press, etc? My legs get strong very quickly but I don't see
    and muscle mass increase.

    Thx

  2. Brooke said:

    What lift is best to increase the size of your glutes? Is it squat, hack,
    deadlift, leg press, etc?

    Out of those, deadlift. Reverse hypers and hyperextensions are others.

    Quoted message said:

    My legs get strong very quickly but I don't see
    and muscle mass increase.
    Thx

    It takes more than lifting to gain muscle. You have to consume
    sufficient protein and excess calories.

    http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html

  3. "Jeff Finlayson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Brooke said:

    What lift is best to increase the size of your glutes? Is it squat,
    hack, deadlift, leg press, etc?

    Out of those, deadlift. Reverse hypers and hyperextensions are
    others.

    The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My legs get strong very quickly but I don't see and muscle mass
    increase.
    Thx

    It takes more than lifting to gain muscle. You have to consume
    sufficient protein and excess calories.

    http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html

  4. Steve Freides said:

    "Jeff Finlayson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Brooke said:

    What lift is best to increase the size of your glutes? Is it squat,
    hack, deadlift, leg press, etc?

    Out of those, deadlift. Reverse hypers and hyperextensions are
    others.

    The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.

    Surely that should be glute!! ;o)

    Have a great weekend Steve - I am!! ;o)

  5. "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Steve Freides said:

    "Jeff Finlayson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Brooke wrote:

    > What lift is best to increase the size of your glutes? Is it squat,
    > hack, deadlift, leg press, etc?

    Out of those, deadlift. Reverse hypers and hyperextensions are
    others.

    The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.

    Surely that should be glute!! ;o)

    Only if you work only one side, sir. 🙂 I like to do these with a pair
    of 32 kg kettlebells, which makes the total weight just a bit under my
    bodyweight, and the difficulty for the legs and glutes somewhere more
    than a 2x bodyweight 2-legged DL. A few singles each side and it's
    fried glutes for the next day's breakfast!

    Quoted message said:

    Have a great weekend Steve - I am!! ;o)

    I am having a very busy weekend. It's Memorial Day weekend here, and
    our town hosts a series of races on Monday morning. Last year and this
    year both, on my bicycle I paced some of the wheelchair racers in the
    10k, and this year I'll be running the 5k after that, accompanying my
    8-year-old. This afternoon's project includes taking my sons and
    several of their friends on a tour of the course - run a little bit from
    the start, get into the car, run the middle mile, get back into the car,
    and run again to cross the finish line.

    More than you wanted to know, I'm sure. 🙂

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

  6. Brooke said:

    What lift is best to increase the size of your glutes? Is it squat, hack,
    deadlift, leg press, etc? My legs get strong very quickly but I don't see
    and muscle mass increase.

    Thx

    Squatting...particularly squatting to different depths, such as going
    all the way down with lesser weight but then sometimes using heavier
    weight and only going to parallel, etc... mixing things up, unless
    maybe you are someone who has very specific goals, is usually not a bad
    idea...

  7. Steve Freides said:

    "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Steve Freides said:

    "Jeff Finlayson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Brooke wrote:
    >
    >> What lift is best to increase the size of your glutes? Is it squat,
    >> hack, deadlift, leg press, etc?
    >
    > Out of those, deadlift. Reverse hypers and hyperextensions are
    > others.

    The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.

    Surely that should be glute!! ;o)

    Only if you work only one side, sir. 🙂

    I know, I was doing my pedant thing!! ;o)

    Quoted message said:

    I like to do these with a pair
    of 32 kg kettlebells, which makes the total weight just a bit under my
    bodyweight, and the difficulty for the legs and glutes somewhere more
    than a 2x bodyweight 2-legged DL. A few singles each side and it's
    fried glutes for the next day's breakfast!

    Quoted message said:

    Have a great weekend Steve - I am!! ;o)

    I am having a very busy weekend. It's Memorial Day weekend here, and
    our town hosts a series of races on Monday morning. Last year and this
    year both, on my bicycle I paced some of the wheelchair racers in the
    10k, and this year I'll be running the 5k after that, accompanying my
    8-year-old. This afternoon's project includes taking my sons and
    several of their friends on a tour of the course - run a little bit from
    the start, get into the car, run the middle mile, get back into the car,
    and run again to cross the finish line.

    More than you wanted to know, I'm sure. 🙂

    No it's not; it's great to hear your news. Despite what some of your
    'critics' attempt to do to you, I am very aware that you are
    essentially a very decent chap, which is why I have been batting for
    you all this time.

    You care Steve, and you are a good family man, that makes you okay on
    many more levels than your detractors even know exist!!

    Continue having a great weekend - I certainly will!! ;o)

  8. Charles said:
    Steve Freides said:

    The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.

    Surely that should be glute!! ;o)

    A-nope.

    Gluteus maximus
    Gluteus medius
    Gluteus minimus

    One leg, three glutes.

    --Blair
    "And don't call me, surely."

  9. Blair P. Houghton said:
    Charles said:
    Steve Freides said:

    The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.

    Surely that should be glute!! ;o)

    A-nope.

    Gluteus maximus
    Gluteus medius
    Gluteus minimus

    One leg, three glutes.

    Cheeky!! ;o)

    Quoted message said:


    --Blair
    "And don't call me, surely."

    Surely that's Shirley, Blair?

    Ugh! It's Tuesday!! ;o(

  10. Charles said:
    Blair P. Houghton said:
    Charles said:

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 12:38:19 -0400, "Steve Freides"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.

    Surely that should be glute!! ;o)

    A-nope.

    Gluteus maximus
    Gluteus medius
    Gluteus minimus

    One leg, three glutes.

    Cheeky!! ;o)

    Quoted message said:

    "And don't call me, surely."

    Surely that's Shirley, Blair?

    Ugh! It's Tuesday!! ;o(

    Don't call me Tuesday.

    --Blair
    "I have a workout."

  11. Blair P. Houghton said:
    Charles said:
    Blair P. Houghton said:

    Charles <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >On Sat, 28 May 2005 12:38:19 -0400, "Steve Freides"
    ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>The one-legged deadlift is particularly good for the glutes.
    >
    >Surely that should be glute!! ;o)

    A-nope.

    Gluteus maximus
    Gluteus medius
    Gluteus minimus

    One leg, three glutes.

    Cheeky!! ;o)

    Quoted message said:

    "And don't call me, surely."

    Surely that's Shirley, Blair?

    Ugh! It's Tuesday!! ;o(

    Don't call me Tuesday.

    I have no intention of calling you any day of the week you saucy
    strumpet. Why I hardly know you Sirrah!!

    Have a great weekend Blair - you know I will!! ;o)

    TFIF!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.