Best / Most Comfortable Cycling Shorts

The Kothers wrote:
> I'm looking for some feedback on what are the most comfortable cycling shorts, especially for long
> rides. What does Lance Armstrong wear? I know you will go numb on long rides no matter what, but
> if you know of some comfortable shorts, I was to know. If you have any suggestions, please post it
> or email me directly.

http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/home.jsp

Good luck getting to the actual site.

--Karen M.

silk jogging shorts is all I will ever wear. used to use those fancy cycling shorts but found I
looked homely walking around the coconut grove mall. the colors matters also, only get the
chartreuse yellow or orange ones. you can use them for dual purpose, cycling, running, triathlons,
hanging by the pool, shopping, meetings etc.... the first time I met lance he had them on to. him
and mark. they are the best so I mimic them. now I am almost the best.

hope this helps, Chris Carmichael Trainer to the Stars

"Dave & Denise Kother" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for some feedback on what are the most comfortable cycling shorts, especially for long
> rides. What does Lance Armstrong wear? I
know
> you will go numb on long rides no matter what, but if you know of some comfortable shorts, I was
> to know. If you have any suggestions, please
post
> it or email me directly.

"Lanny R. Levenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I remember seeing someone on a charity ride with panty hose under the bike shorts. Hum!

That was probably me, I like to wear them under my Levis.

Dashii

"Dave Rusin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Dave & Denise Kother <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I'm looking for some feedback on what are the most comfortable cycling shorts, especially for
> >long rides.
>
> Gee, reading all the responses, I have to wonder: am I the only one who just climbs on a bicycle
> and rides away? I wear the same K-mart shorts I wear to work in the yard. I've ridden a half-dozen
> centuries this summer that way (up a sesquicentennial, actually :) ). I mean, just how much
> specialized gear is a person supposed to own when he doesn't ride bikes for a living? I've got a
> budget to keep.
>
> dave ("and tighty-whities too")

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

Way to go Dave.

Dashii

In article <[email protected]>, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> > > It matters little which shorts you buy. The most important thing is the underwear. After all
> > > that's what is
> between
> > > your skin and the lycra.
> > >
> > > Personally, I prefer tighty whities. Some of the pros I know use boxers though, so clearly one
> > > size does not fit all. My suggestion is to try the boxers and the briefs and whichever one
> gives
> > > you the least amount of saddle sores is the best. good luck!
> >
> > I've got the inside scoop from a friend of a friend that LANCE prefers
> boxers under his riding shorts.
> > So, you *must* use boxers (not just tighty whities).
>

> thank you for your input.
>

> One other thing:
>
> Women may prefer wearing a thong. So do some men (though not many).

If one chooses the thong option, make sure it's a leather one.

> That unfortunate rider/hiker who met his untimely demise last month was one of the male
> thong-wearers.

There's a guy who rides around the Portola area who might be that guy's cousin. He's an older
guy, kind of leathery (hmm, a theme there) and usually wears really short shorts. Like Japanese
schoolgirl gym shorts short. But when it's hot, he's out in a pair of bib shorts (without a
shirt) that he's cut the legs off of. Like up to the hip bones. Which makes them a sort of one
piece women's thong bathing suit.

In related news -

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/rcarman1.html

--
tanx, Howard

Read. Think. Type. Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Women may prefer wearing a thong. So do some men (though not many).
>
> That unfortunate rider/hiker who met his untimely demise last month was one of the male
> thong-wearers.

Henry,

I applaud your restraint in waiting four hours to mention the thong man in this thread. My hope for
humanity is now restored...joy!

--
Dominic Richens | [email protected] "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> silk jogging shorts is all I will ever wear. used to use those fancy cycling shorts but found I
> looked homely walking around the coconut grove mall. the colors matters also, only get the
> chartreuse yellow or orange ones. you can use them for dual purpose, cycling, running, triathlons,
> hanging by the pool, shopping, meetings etc.... the first time I met lance he had them on to. him
> and mark. they are the best so I mimic them. now I am almost the best.
>
> hope this helps, Chris Carmichael Trainer to the Stars

Best Riding Shorts Ever;

Paolo Pezzo's Gold Shorts !

For me the PEARL IZUMI Microsensors works so find for long rides......and my recommendation is: be brave and don't use underwear under your cyling shorts, they are designed to be used this way.

GERARDO in Monterrey México

[email protected] (Dave Rusin) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, Dave & Denise Kother <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I'm looking for some feedback on what are the most comfortable cycling shorts, especially for
> >long rides.
>
> Gee, reading all the responses, I have to wonder: am I the only one who just climbs on a bicycle
> and rides away? I wear the same K-mart shorts I wear to work in the yard. I've ridden a half-dozen
> centuries this summer that way (up a sesquicentennial, actually :) ). I mean, just how much
> specialized gear is a person supposed to own when he doesn't ride bikes for a living? I've got a
> budget to keep.

Do you also calculate your average speed, in your sub five-hour centuries to the 100th of a
mile-per-hour and save it in your Excel spreadsheet?

> dave ("and tighty-whities too")

(Took out rec.bicycles from the crosspost, which is basically a dead group -- use
rec.bicycles.misc instead.)

"James Goddard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Dave & Denise Kother wrote:
> > > I'm looking for some feedback on what are the most comfortable cycling shorts, especially for
> > > long rides. I know you will go numb on long rides no matter what,

"you"? Speak for yourself, bub. I have ridden 200+ miles in a day, and not gone numb. If *you* are
going numb, it's probably a function of how your bike fits or your saddle.

> My personal favorite is the Pearl Izumi Microsensor 3D Short. But remember, you pay for what you
> get and that short is pricey. The Ultrasensor might be a more reasonably priced option.

My opinion is that that Microsensor is not worth the $$$ -- I bought one once, and for the extra
bucks, I did not receive equivalent value. After that, the rest of the shorts I've bought have been
Ultrasensors, which I believe are the best value.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky ([email protected]) Home of the meditative cyclist:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm Singing with you at: http://www.tiferet.net/ Books
just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at: http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> Women may prefer wearing a thong. So do some men (though not many).
>>
>> That unfortunate rider/hiker who met his untimely demise last month was one of the male
>> thong-wearers.

Best / Most Comfortable Cycling Shorts: Your momma............

> > My personal favorite is the Pearl Izumi Microsensor 3D Short. But
remember,
> > you pay for what you get and that short is pricey. The Ultrasensor
might be
> > a more reasonably priced option.
>
> My opinion is that that Microsensor is not worth the $$$ -- I bought one once, and for the extra
> bucks, I did not receive equivalent value. After that, the rest of the shorts I've bought have
> been Ultrasensors, which I believe are the best value.

Yea, the Microsensor is better, but not $60 better. I only own 1 pair but I do like the better. It's
all a matter of your pain level. It's typical in cycling (and many other things) for that last
little bit to cost the most :)

James

Originally posted by Dave & Denise K
I'm looking for some feedback on what are the most comfortable cycling shorts, especially for long
rides. What does Lance Armstrong wear? I know you will go numb on long rides no matter what, but if
you know of some comfortable shorts, I was to know. If you have any suggestions, please post it or
email me directly.
I would reccomend Assos shorts....they are the best without a doubt....big $$$$$ but worth every penny !!!! I will not ride in anything else now !!!!!