Best parts mail order stores? Pls HELP.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ronald Shu, Sep 23, 2004.

  1. Ronald Shu

    Ronald Shu Guest

    Hi, all:
    I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need
    to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
    maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
    offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.

    Ronald

    Tags:

  2. "Ronald Shu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi, all:
    > I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need to
    > order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
    > maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
    > offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.
    >
    > Ronald

    Have used all of the listed stores without problems.

    http://cambriabike.com/

    http://www.jensonusa.com

    http://www.nashbar.com/

    http://www.pricepoint.com/

    http://www.supergo.com/

  3. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Ronald Shu <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Hi, all:
    > I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I
    > need to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes
    > etc.) for maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail
    > order stores offering good services and the lowest price. I much
    > appreciate your input.
    >
    > Ronald

    Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
    even after s/h...

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC

  4. Bert L.am

    Bert L.am Guest

    "Ronald Shu" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi, all:
    > I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need
    > to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
    > maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
    > offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.
    >
    > Ronald

    in which country? usenet is being read worldwide....afterall

    --
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu

  5. bri719

    bri719 Guest

    Zilla wrote:

    >Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
    >even after s/h...

    REI's always seemed expensive to me, but for little things it seems ok...

    I tend to lean on Performance (www.performancebike.com for the newbie)
    for about half the bike stuff I buy since they're both online and brick
    and mortar. I tend to shop on the web and then go buy the stuff in the
    store to get it faster and/or save on shipping.

    I used to support the true "LBS" a little bit more, and also liked that
    they were a Trek dealer. but due to the fact that they couldn't even
    true a wheel without an 8-day turnaround the last time I went in, I
    started to get a little annoyed. they're actually a small chain of bike
    shops that shall remain nameless but hey they do plenty of business
    without me buying tubes, lube, and other small stuff off them.

    bri

    --

    * enjoying the karma *
    remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

  6. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    bri719 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Zilla wrote:
    >
    >> Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
    >> even after s/h...
    >>

    > REI's always seemed expensive to me, but for little things it seems
    > ok...
    > (snip)
    >
    > bri
    >

    > --