Best parts mail order stores? Pls HELP.

Ronald Shu

Guest
Hi, all:
I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need
to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.

Ronald

"Ronald Shu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, all:
> I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need to
> order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
> maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
> offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.
>
> Ronald

Have used all of the listed stores without problems.

http://cambriabike.com/

http://www.jensonusa.com

http://www.nashbar.com/

http://www.pricepoint.com/

http://www.supergo.com/

Ronald Shu <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, all:
> I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I
> need to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes
> etc.) for maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail
> order stores offering good services and the lowest price. I much
> appreciate your input.
>
> Ronald

Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
even after s/h...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

"Ronald Shu" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, all:
> I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need
> to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
> maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
> offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.
>
> Ronald

in which country? usenet is being read worldwide....afterall

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Zilla wrote:

>Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
>even after s/h...

REI's always seemed expensive to me, but for little things it seems ok...

I tend to lean on Performance (www.performancebike.com for the newbie)
for about half the bike stuff I buy since they're both online and brick
and mortar. I tend to shop on the web and then go buy the stuff in the
store to get it faster and/or save on shipping.

I used to support the true "LBS" a little bit more, and also liked that
they were a Trek dealer. but due to the fact that they couldn't even
true a wheel without an 8-day turnaround the last time I went in, I
started to get a little annoyed. they're actually a small chain of bike
shops that shall remain nameless but hey they do plenty of business
without me buying tubes, lube, and other small stuff off them.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

bri719 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zilla wrote:
>
>> Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
>> even after s/h...
>>

> REI's always seemed expensive to me, but for little things it seems
> ok...
> (snip)
>
> bri
>

> --