General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Best place to buy?

Started by Nadya · · Last activity · 35 posts · 760 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 February 2005
Last activity
16 February 2005
Original author
Nadya
Posts
35
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
760
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 35
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

  2. "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Costco has a model for $899, IIRC. Why do you feel you need a Bowflex?

  3. .."
    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Check the newspaper. By the end of the month, into next, they should be
    sprouting up like mushrooms.
    --

    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
    Poking kooks with a pointy stick
    Proud member of the, "Vast right-wing conspiracy

  4. Dr_Dickie said:

    ."
    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Check the newspaper. By the end of the month, into next, they should
    be sprouting up like mushrooms.

    Seriously, this is the best place to find them. People buy them, use them
    for a clothes rack for a period of time, them sell them. They're brand new.
    --
    -Larry

  5. "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Tony's Sporting Goods, 1347 Eighth Street.

    David

  6. "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Tony's Sporting Goods, 1347 Eighth Street.

    David

    But ya have ta tell him, "Big Louiey sent me."

    --
    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
    Poking kooks with a pointy stick
    Proud member of the, "Vast right-wing conspiracy."

  7. "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Tony's Sporting Goods, 1347 Eighth Street.

    Dangit, David, this was better than the ZMA and prison crack or the percocet
    one! (btw, he said "minor" pain - I think percocet is overkill for that :-)

    I hate sneezing and laughing at the same time. How do you know if you have
    a cold or allergies?

    Selene

  8. "Selene" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Tony's Sporting Goods, 1347 Eighth Street.

    Dangit, David, this was better than the ZMA and prison crack or the
    percocet
    one! (btw, he said "minor" pain - I think percocet is overkill for that
    :-)

    I hate sneezing and laughing at the same time. How do you know if you
    have
    a cold or allergies?


    I am sure that Tony has some "meds" that will take care of that too.

  9. On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:05:12 -0800, "Selene" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Tony's Sporting Goods, 1347 Eighth Street.

    Dangit, David, this was better than the ZMA and prison crack or the percocet
    one! (btw, he said "minor" pain - I think percocet is overkill for that :-)

    I hate sneezing and laughing at the same time. How do you know if you have
    a cold or allergies?

    I suspect the simplest method would be to assess the viscosity of the
    snot!!

  10. "Dr_Dickie" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Tony's Sporting Goods, 1347 Eighth Street.

    But ya have ta tell him, "Big Louiey sent me."

    If you want it wholesale + 5%, yes.

    David

  11. "Selene" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nadya" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Tony's Sporting Goods, 1347 Eighth Street.


    Dangit, David, this was better than the ZMA and prison crack or the
    percocet
    one! (btw, he said "minor" pain - I think percocet is overkill for that
    :-)

    No pain is too minor for Percocet. Even the possibility of pain could
    require Percocet.

    I've been lucky. I don't get addicted to virtually anything, so, the fact
    that I believe in "better living through modern chemistry" isn't a problem.

    Quoted message said:

    I hate sneezing and laughing at the same time. How do you know if you
    have
    a cold or allergies?

    I don't have either.

    Oh, you meant "you". The symptoms can be identical, in some people,
    sometimes. A white blood cell count differential during symptomatic times
    would work. Or an epidemiologic approach...colds during the winter,
    allergies during the allergy season.

    David

  12. "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Selene" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I hate sneezing and laughing at the same time. How do you know if you
    have a cold or allergies?

    I don't have either.

    Oh, you meant "you".

    Ha ha ha ha - YOU are too quick for ME.

    Quoted message said:

    The symptoms can be identical, in some people,
    sometimes. A white blood cell count differential during symptomatic times
    would work. Or an epidemiologic approach...colds during the winter,
    allergies during the allergy season.

    Is now winter or allergy season? An hour ago the rooftops were white with
    hail*. Now I've had to draw my drapes to mute the sunshine.

    Selene

    * in case you are unfamiliar with the word: http://www.chaseday.com/hail.htm
    and for the nerds: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/cae/svrwx/hail.htm

  13. "Selene" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Selene" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I hate sneezing and laughing at the same time. How do you know if you
    have a cold or allergies?

    I don't have either.

    Oh, you meant "you".

    Ha ha ha ha - YOU are too quick for ME.

    Quoted message said:

    The symptoms can be identical, in some people,
    sometimes. A white blood cell count differential during symptomatic times
    would work. Or an epidemiologic approach...colds during the winter,
    allergies during the allergy season.

    Is now winter or allergy season?

    I don't have a clue when allergy season is, as I have never had allergies. I
    think it's in the spring. Or is that the fall?

    Quoted message said:

    An hour ago the rooftops were white with
    hail*. Now I've had to draw my drapes to mute the sunshine.

    Selene

    * in case you are unfamiliar with the word:
    http://www.chaseday.com/hail.htm
    and for the nerds: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/cae/svrwx/hail.htm

    We have hail in Las Vegas. In the summer, where it belongs. Isn't hail a
    summertime thunderstorm phenomenom? You sure you didn't have sleet? Freezing
    rain?

    David

  14. David Cohen said:


    We have hail in Las Vegas. In the summer, where it belongs. Isn't hail a
    summertime thunderstorm phenomenom? You sure you didn't have sleet? Freezing
    rain?

    In the UK, colloquially speaking at least, hail is little (or not so
    little) balls of ice. You can hear it rattling off hard surfaces as
    it comes down (very noisy in a car). It makes the ground, roofs etc
    white very quickly and then usually melts just as quickly.

    Sleet is a mixture of snow and rain and often presages snow itself.
    If it stays as sleet until it stops it rarely gets a chance to make
    anything white.

    Hail is more common in Spring and Summer, at least over here.

    Ellis

  15. "Ellis" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    David Cohen said:

    We have hail in Las Vegas. In the summer, where it belongs. Isn't hail a
    summertime thunderstorm phenomenom? You sure you didn't have sleet?
    Freezing
    rain?

    In the UK, colloquially speaking at least, hail is little (or not so
    little) balls of ice. You can hear it rattling off hard surfaces as
    it comes down (very noisy in a car). It makes the ground, roofs etc
    white very quickly and then usually melts just as quickly.

    Yup. We must get British hail, too.

    Quoted message said:

    Sleet is a mixture of snow and rain and often presages snow itself.
    If it stays as sleet until it stops it rarely gets a chance to make
    anything white.

    Hail is more common in Spring and Summer, at least over here.

    Exactly where it belongs.

    Unlike that Canadian hail.

    David

  16. In article <[email hidden]>, "David

    Cohen said:

    "Ellis" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    David Cohen said:

    We have hail in Las Vegas. In the summer, where it belongs. Isn't hail a
    summertime thunderstorm phenomenom? You sure you didn't have sleet?
    Freezing
    rain?

    In the UK, colloquially speaking at least, hail is little (or not so
    little) balls of ice. You can hear it rattling off hard surfaces as
    it comes down (very noisy in a car). It makes the ground, roofs etc
    white very quickly and then usually melts just as quickly.

    Yup. We must get British hail, too.

    Quoted message said:

    Sleet is a mixture of snow and rain and often presages snow itself.
    If it stays as sleet until it stops it rarely gets a chance to make
    anything white.

    Hail is more common in Spring and Summer, at least over here.

    Exactly where it belongs.

    Unlike that Canadian hail.

    We got hit with some hail a couple summers back with up to 5" diameter stones.

    My car looked a lot like a golf ball.

  17. In article <khobman-1402051752460001@localhost>, [email hidden]

    (Hobbes) said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, "David

    Cohen said:

    "Ellis" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >We have hail in Las Vegas. In the summer, where it belongs. Isn't hail a
    >summertime thunderstorm phenomenom? You sure you didn't have sleet?
    >Freezing
    >rain?

    In the UK, colloquially speaking at least, hail is little (or not so
    little) balls of ice. You can hear it rattling off hard surfaces as
    it comes down (very noisy in a car). It makes the ground, roofs etc
    white very quickly and then usually melts just as quickly.

    Yup. We must get British hail, too.

    Quoted message said:

    Sleet is a mixture of snow and rain and often presages snow itself.
    If it stays as sleet until it stops it rarely gets a chance to make
    anything white.

    Hail is more common in Spring and Summer, at least over here.

    Exactly where it belongs.

    Unlike that Canadian hail.

    We got hit with some hail a couple summers back with up to 5" diameter stones.

    My car looked a lot like a golf ball.

    Oh. My point. Real friggin' hail. Not that piddly-assed stuff the Brits
    slough off as hail.

    :^)

  18. "Hobbes" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    David Cohen said:

    "Ellis" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >We have hail in Las Vegas. In the summer, where it belongs. Isn't hail


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >summertime thunderstorm phenomenom? You sure you didn't have sleet?
    >Freezing
    >rain?

    In the UK, colloquially speaking at least, hail is little (or not so
    little) balls of ice. You can hear it rattling off hard surfaces as
    it comes down (very noisy in a car). It makes the ground, roofs etc
    white very quickly and then usually melts just as quickly.

    Yup. We must get British hail, too.

    Quoted message said:

    Sleet is a mixture of snow and rain and often presages snow itself.
    If it stays as sleet until it stops it rarely gets a chance to make
    anything white.

    Hail is more common in Spring and Summer, at least over here.

    Exactly where it belongs.

    Unlike that Canadian hail.

    We got hit with some hail a couple summers back with up to 5" diameter


    stones.

    Quoted message said:

    I thought Canajuns used the metric system. Shouldn't that be 15cm* stones?

    Selene

    * yes, yes, I know 15 cm =/= 5 inches, but don't you think if you were
    regularly using the metric system, you'd round things to the even 5s and 0s?
    Except for civil engineers, who are a bloody literal minded lot, and refer
    to 2x4s and pipe diams as something bizarre in metric.

  19. In article <[email hidden]>, "Selene"

    Quoted message said:

    "Hobbes" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    David Cohen said:

    "Ellis" <[email hidden]> wrote
    > "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>We have hail in Las Vegas. In the summer, where it belongs. Isn't hail


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>summertime thunderstorm phenomenom? You sure you didn't have sleet?
    >>Freezing
    >>rain?
    >
    > In the UK, colloquially speaking at least, hail is little (or not so
    > little) balls of ice. You can hear it rattling off hard surfaces as
    > it comes down (very noisy in a car). It makes the ground, roofs etc
    > white very quickly and then usually melts just as quickly.

    Yup. We must get British hail, too.

    > Sleet is a mixture of snow and rain and often presages snow itself.
    > If it stays as sleet until it stops it rarely gets a chance to make
    > anything white.
    >
    > Hail is more common in Spring and Summer, at least over here.

    Exactly where it belongs.

    Unlike that Canadian hail.

    We got hit with some hail a couple summers back with up to 5" diameter


    stones.

    Quoted message said:

    I thought Canajuns used the metric system. Shouldn't that be 15cm* stones?

    Selene

    * yes, yes, I know 15 cm =/= 5 inches, but don't you think if you were
    regularly using the metric system, you'd round things to the even 5s and 0s?
    Except for civil engineers, who are a bloody literal minded lot, and refer
    to 2x4s and pipe diams as something bizarre in metric.

    Since we were talking diameter it was an easy reference point for me...

    :^o

  20. Nadya said:

    Can someone please tell me where I could buy a Bowflex with the best
    quality and price?

    Fifth circle of hell, third door on the left.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.