Best Saddle for Turbo Training?

aibonewt

Jul 14, 2004
Hi Guys,

I've recently got an i-magic and do about an hour or so of intervals/hill courses every other night to keep the legs in shape over the winter.

After many different runs, I've decided that one of the things that's holding me back is my bog-standard road saddle. After 30-40 minutes on the trainer things can get pretty hot and sticky in the short department, more than an hour can be downright painful!

I've noticed fancy-looking saddles with central vents and wide tail-end support and wonder if these would help with turbo-training. Either that or get a 2nd office fan and aim it at my backside!

Any suggestions would be most welcome,

Thomas

Try moving around, or standing up for a minute or so every 20 minutes.

As opposed to road riding, you tend to not move around very much on the trainer. As a result, a seat that feels comfortable on the road can be the same seat in which you experience numbness on a trainer.

Now if you have the same issues while road riding, you get into a whole other topic. Saddle choice is very personal. You can kind of gauge others opinions, but what works for one person, or even many, may not work for you. Riders go through MANY saddles sometimes to find one they like.

Personally, I use a Koobi PRS, and have never read a bad review of one.

I also hear good things about:

Fizik' Arione
Fizik' Aliante (expensive)
San Marco Aspide
The new Specialized Saddle...forget the name, but it comes in three different widths to better "custom" fit you.

With any saddle however, you'll have to give it some time to break in, before you know for sure.

Hope this helps!

John

aibonewt said:
Hi Guys,

I've recently got an i-magic and do about an hour or so of intervals/hill courses every other night to keep the legs in shape over the winter.

After many different runs, I've decided that one of the things that's holding me back is my bog-standard road saddle. After 30-40 minutes on the trainer things can get pretty hot and sticky in the short department, more than an hour can be downright painful!

I've noticed fancy-looking saddles with central vents and wide tail-end support and wonder if these would help with turbo-training. Either that or get a 2nd office fan and aim it at my backside!

Any suggestions would be most welcome,

Thomas