General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

best salad dressing?

Started by Betty Lou Locke · · Last activity · 27 posts · 1,639 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 July 2004
Last activity
29 July 2004
Original author
Betty Lou Locke
Posts
27
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,639
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–27 of 27
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I tried "Ken's Steak House Lite Northern Italian with Basil & Romano" It
    tastes pretty good.
    2 TBSP
    Calories 50 5 g (45 fat) Sat Fat 1 g
    Total Carb 1g
    Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0 g

    "Penelope Baker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I ADORE the Walden farms 'carb free' stuff. Count it as having .45 grams


    of

    Quoted message said:

    carbs per serving though. :-)

    Creamy Bacon is to DIE FOR.

    Peace,
    Pen

    "Betty Lou Locke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, can anyone give me some advice as to what good salad dressing to use


    ,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    as with summer here it seems that I have one for lunch and supper ,


    don't

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    want to over do it with the carb count .
    I am on 22-24 carbs a day as I find this plenty till I get down to goal.

    Atkins:May 5th 0/4 187-176-goal 145
    Thanks

  2. "Betty Lou Locke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, can anyone give me some advice as to what good salad dressing to use ,
    as with summer here it seems that I have one for lunch and supper , don't
    want to over do it with the carb count .
    I am on 22-24 carbs a day as I find this plenty till I get down to goal.

    Depends on what kind of dressing you like. My favorite was Ranch. I
    continue to enjoy Ranch, usually Hidden Valley. They even make a carb one
    that's the same price - $2 and still tastes great.

    Just one word of caution: You may find 22-24 "plenty" until you get to
    goal... but if in the near future you find yourself stalling for more than a
    month or two, you may need to add more carbs. When I don't eat enough
    carbs, it seems like my body clings to its own fat and I can only lose
    pounds short-term and then stall. This is just my own experience here, but
    my weightloss has gone better once I followed Atkins and found out what my
    daily intake of carbs could be (by increasing each week). I'm actually
    losing while eating 40 to 50 carbs/day, which leaves room for more veggies,
    more fruit, and a little bit of whole grains.

    --
    Spring
    LC since 1/1/04
    260/209/170
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sprgsnow/album?.tok=phX4sVBBuvxvs4Hs&.dir=/55b8&.src=ph
    Size: 24W / 14 / 10

  3. "Betty Lou Locke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, can anyone give me some advice as to what good salad dressing to use ,
    as with summer here it seems that I have one for lunch and supper , don't
    want to over do it with the carb count .
    I am on 22-24 carbs a day as I find this plenty till I get down to goal.

    I am surprised that this great American stuffs hasn't yet been
    mentioned considerating that it's mainly Americans on this board:

    Cardini's Original Caesar Dressing - 2g carbs per 100g

  4. spring,
    you are doing soooooooooooooooo well! (great pictures!)
    how about a sample daily menu?

    --
    rosie
    http://www.plur.net/thisland.html

    "Sprgtime" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    :
    : "Betty Lou Locke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    : news:[email hidden]...
    : > Hi, can anyone give me some advice as to what good salad
    dressing to use ,
    : > as with summer here it seems that I have one for lunch and
    supper , don't
    : > want to over do it with the carb count .
    : > I am on 22-24 carbs a day as I find this plenty till I get down
    to goal.
    :
    : Depends on what kind of dressing you like. My favorite was Ranch.
    I
    : continue to enjoy Ranch, usually Hidden Valley. They even make a
    carb one
    : that's the same price - $2 and still tastes great.
    :
    : Just one word of caution: You may find 22-24 "plenty" until you
    get to
    : goal... but if in the near future you find yourself stalling for
    more than a
    : month or two, you may need to add more carbs. When I don't eat
    enough
    : carbs, it seems like my body clings to its own fat and I can only
    lose
    : pounds short-term and then stall. This is just my own experience
    here, but
    : my weightloss has gone better once I followed Atkins and found out
    what my
    : daily intake of carbs could be (by increasing each week). I'm
    actually
    : losing while eating 40 to 50 carbs/day, which leaves room for more
    veggies,
    : more fruit, and a little bit of whole grains.
    :
    :
    : --
    : Spring
    : LC since 1/1/04
    : 260/209/170
    :
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sprgsnow/album?.tok=phX4sVBBuvxvs4Hs&.dir=/55b8&.src=ph
    : Size: 24W / 14 / 10
    :
    :

  5. Their Kalamata Olive is very good, too.

    In news:[email hidden],
    Ada Ma <[email hidden]> stated
    | I am surprised that this great American stuffs hasn't yet been
    | mentioned considerating that it's mainly Americans on this board:
    |
    | Cardini's Original Caesar Dressing - 2g carbs per 100g

  6. "rosie read and post" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    spring,
    you are doing soooooooooooooooo well! (great pictures!)


    Thank you. 🙂 It seems like there are several of us teetering around 210
    lbs in this group right now. It'll be exciting when we all start breaking
    200 in another month or two. 🙂

    Quoted message said:

    how about a sample daily menu?


    No problem... here is today:

    Breakfast
    2 egg omelet, with leftover stir-fried veggies inside as filling (we had
    homemade chinese chicken & veggie stir fry 2 nights ago for dinner)

    Lunch
    tuna & mayo mixed up, some of it spread onto crunchy celery sticks, and some
    of it spread onto a cucumber boat

    Dinner
    Big green salad with Romaine lettuce, chopped red bell pepper, radishes,
    parmesan & shredded cheese, ranch dressing on top
    8oz salmon, grilled w/pepper on top

    Snack
    strawberries, with the tops cut off and some cream cheese spread on top
    instead - yummy

    Plus my usual 128oz + of daily water.

    --
    Spring
    LC since 1/1/04
    260/209/170
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sprgsnow/album?.tok=phX4sVBBuvxvs4Hs&.dir=/55b8&.src=ph
    Size: 24W / 14 / 10

  7. I've never seen them in UK...

    now you talk about olives I love olives stuffed with almonds...

    FOB said:

    Their Kalamata Olive is very good, too.

    In news:[email hidden],
    Ada Ma <[email hidden]> stated
    | I am surprised that this great American stuffs hasn't yet been
    | mentioned considerating that it's mainly Americans on this board:
    |
    | Cardini's Original Caesar Dressing - 2g carbs per 100g

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.