UK and Europe · Public discussion

Best security method for bike left outside gym etc

Started by news.cisco.com · · Last activity · 10 posts · 826 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
23 November 2005
Last activity
24 November 2005
Original author
news.cisco.com
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
826
Views / 30 days
13

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for securing
    my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

    Thanks

  2. news.cisco.com said:

    I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
    securing my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

    What's the risk scenario? Do you live in a high crime area? Are you
    riding an ultra-light bike that's worth a fortune or an old clunker?
    Can you take the bike inside? Do you want the lightest lock you can
    get away with or would you be prepared to buy two big hefty locks and
    leave one at the gym and the other in the office?

    Chris
    --
    Chris Eilbeck
    MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/
    UKRA #1108 Level 2 UYB
    Tripoli UK Member #9527 LSMR

  3. Get a Brompton and take it inside with you

    "Chris Eilbeck" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    news.cisco.com said:

    I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
    securing my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

    What's the risk scenario? Do you live in a high crime area? Are you
    riding an ultra-light bike that's worth a fortune or an old clunker?
    Can you take the bike inside? Do you want the lightest lock you can
    get away with or would you be prepared to buy two big hefty locks and
    leave one at the gym and the other in the office?

    Chris
    --
    Chris Eilbeck
    MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/
    UKRA #1108 Level 2 UYB
    Tripoli UK Member #9527 LSMR

  4. On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:01:35 -0000, "news.cisco.com"
    <[email hidden]> said in <1132765097.283914@sj-nntpcache-5>:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for securing
    my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

    For this we have the Brompton, which folds neatly and can be carried
    inside to safety :-)

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  5. Just zis Guy said:

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:01:35 -0000, "news.cisco.com"
    <[email hidden]> said in <1132765097.283914@sj-nntpcache-5>:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for securing
    my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

    For this we have the Brompton, which folds neatly and can be carried
    inside to safety :-)

    Guy

    I shall be going halves with the taxman on just such a machine.

    I will not be sharing it with him though.

  6. "Al C-F" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Just zis Guy said:

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:01:35 -0000, "news.cisco.com"
    <[email hidden]> said in <1132765097.283914@sj-nntpcache-5>:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
    securing
    my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

    For this we have the Brompton, which folds neatly and can be carried
    inside to safety :-)

    Guy

    I shall be going halves with the taxman on just such a machine.

    I will not be sharing it with him though.

    Same here, ordered mine yesterday.
    Toby

  7. "news.cisco.com" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1132765097.283914@sj-nntpcache-5...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for suggestions on best/practical locks and methods for
    securing
    my bike while I leave it outside the gym and the office?

    Thanks


    Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.

    :o)

  8. ian henden said:

    Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.

    Shirley a *nasty* great big Alsation would be more effective...

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  9. Peter Clinch twisted the electrons to say:

    Quoted message said:
    ian henden said:

    Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.


    Shirley a *nasty* great big Alsation would be more effective...

    <nods> Maybe they should acquire the Alsation from one of the farms I
    deliver mail to -> which is sufficiently psychotic that it has been known
    to attack the van!
    --
    These opinions might not even be mine ...
    Let alone connected with my employer ...

  10. Alistair Gunn said:

    Peter Clinch twisted the electrons to say:

    Quoted message said:
    ian henden said:

    Nice great big Alsation dog, attached to the bike.


    Shirley a *nasty* great big Alsation would be more effective...

    <nods> Maybe they should acquire the Alsation from one of the farms I
    deliver mail to -> which is sufficiently psychotic that it has been known
    to attack the van!

    And then there was the person who tied the pit bull to the same post
    where I had earlier locked my bike. Luckily I was not in a hurry.
    John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.