Best & worst of cycling products

Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 27 Oct 2003 21:42:29 -0800, [email protected] (ant) wrote:
>
> >particularly bad using the yellow or light green flashers on my rear, despite their intended
> >front use, and most likely some law that says i shouldnt.
>
> Yes, that's bad, because then you look like an *oncoming* bicycle instead of one going the same
> direction, or maybe both, and the driver that sees you will spend seconds wondering which way
> you're going before reacting.
>
> Jasper

i think the driver would be more likely to become more alert in this case, than to take a couple
seconds to think things over. the way some folks drive around me at night, i could think of worse
things than them being more alert.

nevertheless, i dont really think drivers, or perhaps folks in general, rely on cyclists having a
red rear and a white/green/yella' front. i think that when a driver sees a blinker, they think 'oh!
cyclist! or baby stroller! must be careful!' and dont really get around to consciously deciding what
color their blinker is

anthony, green blinkie up front. red and yellow behind.