Big Mig's party.



S

Simonb

Guest
Simon Mason wrote:

> Story about Indurain's loud party and the police:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zmig.htm


Spaniards complaining about dancing and music late into the night doesn't
match my image of them as a romantic, fun-loving nation; but IANAS.

The police did have a point, though.
 
E

Epetruk

Guest
Simon Mason wrote:
> Story about Indurain's loud party and the police:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zmig.htm


Simon,

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you prefix your web page names with
a 'z'?

Or has this question been asked before?


--
Akin

aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk
 
S

Simon Mason

Guest
"Epetruk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:3287[email protected]

>
> Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you prefix your web page names
> with
> a 'z'?
>
> Or has this question been asked before?


It has been asked before. I use a z prefix for pages that are temporary.
After a while I can collect all my webpages in a folder and click on the
"arrange by name" tab. All of the z pages + photos will be grouped together
so I can delete them all in one go.
--
Simon M.
 
S

Simonb

Guest
Simon Mason wrote:

> It has been asked before. I use a z prefix for pages that are
> temporary. After a while I can collect all my webpages in a folder
> and click on the "arrange by name" tab. All of the z pages + photos
> will be grouped together so I can delete them all in one go.


Noooo! Don't delete the web! We'll end up in a world of 404s.
 
S

Simon Mason

Guest
"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> It has been asked before. I use a z prefix for pages that are
>> temporary. After a while I can collect all my webpages in a folder
>> and click on the "arrange by name" tab. All of the z pages + photos
>> will be grouped together so I can delete them all in one go.

>
> Noooo! Don't delete the web! We'll end up in a world of 404s.


My ISP has a limit of 20MB, so I'll run out of room if I don't delete them.
Some big files (600MB in total) I farm out to another site which makes its
money out off offering webspace for the money it makes from the phone call.
My ISP is a free dial up, so if I posted that newspaper clipping on the
other site it would cost money.

--
Simon M.
 
B

Bob the Builder

Guest
Good idea - you should be in business. With your brains and my beauty we'd
make millions.....
Bob


"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Epetruk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>
>> Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you prefix your web page names
>> with
>> a 'z'?
>>
>> Or has this question been asked before?

>
> It has been asked before. I use a z prefix for pages that are temporary.
> After a while I can collect all my webpages in a folder and click on the
> "arrange by name" tab. All of the z pages + photos will be grouped
> together so I can delete them all in one go.
> --
> Simon M.
>
 
J

Just zis Guy, you know?

Guest
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:14:41 -0000, "Bob the Builder" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

<ahem>

[cut]

"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:
{snip}
> It has been asked before. I use a z prefix for pages that are temporary.
> After a while I can collect all my webpages in a folder and click on the
> "arrange by name" tab. All of the z pages + photos will be grouped
> together so I can delete them all in one go.


[paste]
Good idea - you should be in business. With your brains and my beauty
we'd
make millions.....

[insert sigsep]
--
Bob

There, much better :)
 
W

weecrackpot

Guest
"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Simon Mason wrote:
> >
> >> It has been asked before. I use a z prefix for pages that are
> >> temporary. After a while I can collect all my webpages in a folder
> >> and click on the "arrange by name" tab. All of the z pages + photos
> >> will be grouped together so I can delete them all in one go.

> >
> > Noooo! Don't delete the web! We'll end up in a world of 404s.

>
> My ISP has a limit of 20MB, so I'll run out of room if I don't delete

them.
> Some big files (600MB in total) I farm out to another site which makes its
> money out off offering webspace for the money it makes from the phone

call.
> My ISP is a free dial up, so if I posted that newspaper clipping on the
> other site it would cost money.
>
> --
> Simon M.
>


Simon you are so clever,all i can do is read the NG
and oogle over bikes on the internet,reading what
people like you can do with their P.C's makes me
feel so inadequate.
 
D

Danny Colyer

Guest
weecrackpot wrote:
> Simon you are so clever,all i can do is read the NG
> and oogle over bikes on the internet,reading what
> people like you can do with their P.C's makes me
> feel so inadequate.


Hey, you're managing to read usenet, which is more than a lot of
internet users are able to figure out these days. Bottom posting, too.
I think you're putting yourself down unnecessarily.

--
Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine
 
W

weecrackpot

Guest
"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> weecrackpot wrote:
> > Simon you are so clever,all i can do is read the NG
> > and oogle over bikes on the internet,reading what
> > people like you can do with their P.C's makes me
> > feel so inadequate.

>
> Hey, you're managing to read usenet, which is more than a lot of
> internet users are able to figure out these days. Bottom posting, too.
> I think you're putting yourself down unnecessarily.
>
> --
> Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
> <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
> "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine


Thanks for the morale boost but i do know my
limitations,i frequently have to beg my friend or
nephew to fix one thing or another for me,as
for the bottom posting,i just copied what other
people tend to do in this n.g.