bigger disc rotors?

ding

Dec 8, 2006
hello all im new to this and need some advice please? i got 160mm rotors with hydraulics on rst gilla plus t6 120mm forks.the brakes are pretty good but could be better so was thinking on upgrading the rotor to 203mm but one of my local bike dealers says the forks will fall apart as soon as i touch the front brake? any of you think its true as i seen the focus fatboy and other bikes with the same forks an 203mm rotors. sorry its a long question. lol. thanks mike.:confused:

ding said:
hello all im new to this and need some advice please? i got 160mm rotors with hydraulics on rst gilla plus t6 120mm forks.the brakes are pretty good but could be better so was thinking on upgrading the rotor to 203mm but one of my local bike dealers says the forks will fall apart as soon as i touch the front brake? any of you think its true as i seen the focus fatboy and other bikes with the same forks an 203mm rotors. sorry its a long question. lol. thanks mike.:confused:
i personally wouldnt reccomend it. even if you had a high end set of forks i wouldnt reccomend 203mm rotors unless you had a 20mm bolt through axle.

your bike dealer knows what hes talking about.

thanks for the advice mate. i tried a few dealers an 6 or 7 said it should be o.k but one said they would snap so theres allways that doudt about the one. would you think a 185 will be o.k?