Bike Bags in Bordeaux?

Michael Coleran

Guest
I am, along with two friends, flying BMIbaby to Bordeaux from Manchester. We
are taking our bikes which we are told must be in bike bags or boxes. I have
contacted Bordeaux airport who tell me there are no left luggage facilities
at the airport. Bearing in mind the size of bike bags/boxes has anyone any
suggestions as to what we can do with them whilst we cycle the leafy lanes
of France?

"Michael Coleran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am, along with two friends, flying BMIbaby to Bordeaux from Manchester.
>We are taking our bikes which we are told must be in bike bags or boxes. I
>have contacted Bordeaux airport who tell me there are no left luggage
>facilities at the airport. Bearing in mind the size of bike bags/boxes has
>anyone any suggestions as to what we can do with them whilst we cycle the
>leafy lanes of France?

Contact the Bordeaux Tourist Board and ask if they have any such facilities
where items can be left? In case you aren't aware - there are maps you can
pick up from the Tourist office in Bordeaux which give directions along the
various converted rail lines out of Bordeaux - all tarmac surfaces and many
of the old stations have been converted into refreshment places. When I went
for a cycling holiday in Bordeaux, I found the local people to be extremely
welcoming and friendly. Have a great holiday.

Cheers, helen s