I posted this on the womens board but apparently nobody wants to help me.
Dh and I have been biking for about 8 weeks now religiously. He was trying to be a sweetie and bought me a specialized expedition. He got the upright handle bars (because he likes them and thought they would be more comfortable for me) with disc brakes. This bike has a huge seat on it that has like chamois or something on it so I'm always sticking to the seat! The tires are hybrids I guess, road or mountain and I'm really hating this bike!
What do I need to do to make this bike more comfortable. We do a lot of hill climbing and hilly trails. I find myself constantly leaning over all the time wanting for lower handlebars, and for a smoother more comfortable seat. Everytime I go out in my bike shorts this seat is just miserable. I cannot find a spot that is comfortable It is just too wide/big. What would y"all suggest to modify this bike to make it more user friendly for me? I like biking a lot and can tell I'm getting much stronger. I will eventually probably get a road bike, but for now I just want to be more comfortable and not hurt my DH feelings. Oh and not spend a mint either. Any Suggestions?