Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Bike feels funny going downhill...

Started by Cycler6n · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,803 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
1 April 2007
Last activity
9 April 2007
Original author
Cycler6n
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,803
Views / 30 days
12

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was going down a hill, and my bike felt funny. Mostly the rims and forks, no shaking, but it felt like they were loose. Is this normal on a road bike?

  2. Cycler6n said:

    I was going down a hill, and my bike felt funny. Mostly the rims and forks, no shaking, but it felt like they were loose. Is this normal on a road bike?


    If they felt loose be sure to check that your skewers are properly tightened.

    If you don't know, the skewers are the pieces of metal that hold the wheel to the rest of the bike.

    For your front wheel, it is right in the center, where the fork ends.

    In the back, it is right in the middle of your cassette, where the seatstays and the chainstays meet.

  3. Define loose. :eek:

    If the skewer is truly loose, I suspect the rider would have already face planted by now. 😄

  4. sogood said:

    Define loose. :eek:

    If the skewer is truly loose, I suspect the rider would have already face planted by now. 😄


    True 😉

  5. I'm new to roadbikes, I used to ride a mountain bike. So I think it just feels different. THX!

  6. Cycler6n said:

    I'm new to roadbikes, I used to ride a mountain bike. So I think it just feels different. THX!


    Check the skewers just to be sure. You don't want your wheel falling off at 30mph. :eek:

  7. bump

  8. Cycler6n said:

    I'm new to roadbikes, I used to ride a mountain bike. So I think it just feels different. THX!


    What make\model bike where you riding when this happened?

    lw

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.