Bike sex man gets probation

David Lloyd said the following on 15/11/2007 09:10:

> He thought the bike had said 'yes'. ;-p

LOL!

I still can't for the life of me understand why this is a criminal
offence, bizarre as it may be! If it had been in the middle of Marks &
Spencers I could understand, but in his own home behind a locked door?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Paul Boyd wrote:
> David Lloyd said the following on 15/11/2007 09:10:
>
> > He thought the bike had said 'yes'. ;-p

> LOL!
>
> I still can't for the life of me understand why this is a criminal
> offence, bizarre as it may be! If it had been in the middle of Marks &
> Spencers I could understand, but in his own home behind a locked door?

But he wasn't in his own home, he was in a hotel, and ignored repeated
knocks at the door by cleaning staff. This was also in Scotland, where
they keep locking up a nude hiker who has been left alone for the
entire length of the rest of the UK.

David Lloyd

David Lloyd said the following on 15/11/2007 10:04:

> But he wasn't in his own home, he was in a hotel, and ignored repeated
> knocks at the door by cleaning staff.

I understood it was his room in a hostel rather than a hotel, so it's
where he lives.

He should have barricaded the door :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:10:20 -0800 (PST)
David Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote:

> Link to BBC news:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm
>
> "Stewart had denied the offence, claiming it was caused by a
> misunderstanding after he had too much to drink. "
>
> He thought the bike had said 'yes'. ;-p

Definitely rape. He got off lightly.

Bear in mind the modern law:
- If a chap is too ****** to know what he's doing, it's still rape.
- If a girl cries out "take me" but is too ******, it's *still* rape.
- If they're both way too far gone ... you get the picture.
Clearly the bike needed to give informed consent while both conscious
and sober. Not easy. Even if the bike was of age!

IGMC.

--
not me guv

On Nov 15, 10:34 am, Nick Kew <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:10:20 -0800 (PST)
>
> David Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Link to BBC news:

> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm

> > "Stewart had denied the offence, claiming it was caused by a
> > misunderstanding after he had too much to drink. "

> > He thought the bike had said 'yes'. ;-p

> Definitely rape. He got off lightly.

Surely only attempted...

"A man caught **trying** to have sex with his bicycle has been
sentenced to three years on probation."

Rob

On Nov 15, 10:27 am, Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:
> David Lloyd said the following on 15/11/2007 10:04:
>
> > But he wasn't in his own home, he was in a hotel, and ignored repeated
> > knocks at the door by cleaning staff.

> I understood it was his room in a hostel rather than a hotel, so it's
> where he lives.

I've never lived in a hostel, but I'd hazard a guess that it's not
unusual for single men to indulge in solitary pleasures behind locked
doors. If this happens every time they're caught, can the probation
service cope?

Rob

"Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:10:20 -0800 (PST)
> David Lloyd <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Link to BBC news:
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm
>>
>> "Stewart had denied the offence, claiming it was caused by a
>> misunderstanding after he had too much to drink. "
>>
>> He thought the bike had said 'yes'. ;-p

> Definitely rape. He got off lightly.
>
> Bear in mind the modern law:
> - If a chap is too ****** to know what he's doing, it's still rape.
> - If a girl cries out "take me" but is too ******, it's *still* rape.
> - If they're both way too far gone ... you get the picture.
> Clearly the bike needed to give informed consent while both conscious
> and sober. Not easy. Even if the bike was of age!

The bike should have "spoke" up, but may be it was "two tyred"?

Paul Boyd wrote:
> David Lloyd said the following on 15/11/2007 09:10:
>
>> He thought the bike had said 'yes'. ;-p

> LOL!
>
> I still can't for the life of me understand why this is a criminal
> offence, bizarre as it may be! If it had been in the middle of Marks &
> Spencers I could understand, but in his own home behind a locked door?

From memory, it was a hotel room (or something like that), but the
principle still stands. He was probably daft to plead guilty.

JNugent wrote:
> Paul Boyd wrote:
>> David Lloyd said the following on 15/11/2007 09:10:
>>
>>> He thought the bike had said 'yes'. ;-p

>> LOL!
>>
>> I still can't for the life of me understand why this is a criminal
>> offence, bizarre as it may be! If it had been in the middle of Marks
>> & Spencers I could understand, but in his own home behind a locked door?

> From memory, it was a hotel room (or something like that), but the
> principle still stands. He was probably daft to plead guilty.

Does that make it any different? I wonder how many men have been caught
in hotel rooms having sex with their wives (or even someone who is not
their wife)? Do they get put on the sex offenders register?

Andrew May said the following on 16/11/2007 10:36:

> Does that make it any different? I wonder how many men have been caught
> in hotel rooms having sex with their wives (or even someone who is not
> their wife)? Do they get put on the sex offenders register?

I think the issue was that the bike was not old enough to give consent :)

(But you're right - people must get caught having sex in hotel rooms,
and it's hardly a Sex Offender Register crime generally, is it?)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Boyd wrote:
>Andrew May said the following on 16/11/2007 10:36:
>
>> Does that make it any different? I wonder how many men have been caught
>> in hotel rooms having sex with their wives (or even someone who is not
>> their wife)? Do they get put on the sex offenders register?

>I think the issue was that the bike was not old enough to give consent :)
>(But you're right - people must get caught having sex in hotel rooms,
>and it's hardly a Sex Offender Register crime generally, is it?)

The implication of some of the reports and/or commentary has been that
he wanted to be caught, and the "bike sex" was essentially an excuse to
expose himself to the cleaners who caught him.

Andrew May wrote:
> JNugent wrote:
>
>> Paul Boyd wrote:

>>> LOL!
>>>
>>> I still can't for the life of me understand why this is a criminal
>>> offence, bizarre as it may be! If it had been in the middle of Marks
>>> & Spencers I could understand, but in his own home behind a locked door?

>> From memory, it was a hotel room (or something like that), but the
>> principle still stands. He was probably daft to plead guilty.

> Does that make it any different? I wonder how many men have been caught
> in hotel rooms having sex with their wives (or even someone who is not
> their wife)? Do they get put on the sex offenders register?

I think you've misunderstood me.