Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Bike Shops - San Diego

Started by johnwilky · · Last activity · 7 posts · 2,818 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
3 May 2004
Last activity
22 June 2005
Original author
johnwilky
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,818
Views / 30 days
16

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there,

    Anyone recommend a decent bike shop in San Diego. My wife and I are just planning an 18 month - 2 year tour of Central and south america and wanted to purchase some new bikes and kit in San Diego when we fly out.

    Thanks in anticipation,

    John.

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by johnwilky
    Hi there,

    Anyone recommend a decent bike shop in San Diego. My wife and I are just planning an 18 month - 2 year tour of Central and south america and wanted to purchase some new bikes and kit in San Diego when we fly out.

    Thanks in anticipation,

    John.

    I live in san diego, and have been pleased with the service at Peformance Bike. They have been buying out other bike shops and seem to have a large presence here. They have lots of locations, and an incentive plan when making purchaces (cash back in the form of Certs). I can not speak about the prices, but have scored some deals. Talked to one manager, and a got a Serrota F2 front fork for a great price. I am not sure if he just wanted to move it, but I love the fork. Check them out!!

  3. Hi there Merlin and thanks for the detail. Would you happen to have any contact details for this shop? Do you know if they have a website? Many thanks, John.

  4. Hi Johnwilky,

    Performance Bike's website is http://www.performancebike.com/
    You can get good deals with them like many of the large bike shops. I'm in North County San Diego, and Supergo (http://www.supergo.com) has great deals too. However San Diego is a town with a local bike shop on almost every corner. I'd suggest checking out some of the mom & pop bike shops in addition to the large chain stores. You might not get the best price for a bike at a little shop, but service is a major part of buying a bike. IMO, little bike shops give much better service than the chain stores. My mom bought her bike from Supergo and could never get her bike tuned-up in a timely manner. She has since switched to a local bike shop since Supergo was so busy.

    -Shimpie

  5. Shimpie,

    Many thanks for the info.

    Regards,

    John.

  6. Be sure to talk to Andrew at Adams Avenue Bicycles. He's a master wheel builder and loves his clientele... and local bike messengers frequent the shop. A definitive LBS.

  7. I've heard good things about Hollands Bicycles in Coronado.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.